The Pit Stop at M4 junction 17

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Today I took the pooch to a half day taster session at doggy play school. It is near to the Pit Stop which I last visited some years ago. So I called in for a breakfast and was amazed at the change that has taken place. Whist it still has a large number of HGV bays it caters for leisure vehicles and solo cars, with a new array of fast chargers too. Leisure vehicles have 1 hour free parking and solo cars 2 hours. When I asked why the short time on leisure vehicles I was told they come in to use the facilities but then go back inside too eat their own food. But 1 hour is ample time for them to eat a cooked meal. She had smile on her face as she explained this to me.

The breakfast was as good as at any of our local farm shops and much cheaper too., with a nice atmosphere.

It's only a couple of minutes off of the M4 at jnction17, and better than Leigh Delamere services which are about 1-2 miles west of junction 17.

Pit Stop

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Today I took the pooch to a half day taster session at doggy play school. It is near to the Pit Stop which I last visited some years ago. So I called in for a breakfast and was amazed at the change that has taken place. Whist it still has a large number of HGV bays it caters for leisure vehicles and solo cars, with a new array of fast chargers too. Leisure vehicles have 1 hour free parking and solo cars 2 hours. When I asked why the short time on leisure vehicles I was told they come in to use the facilities but then go back inside too eat their own food. But 1 hour is ample time for them to eat a cooked meal. She had smile on her face as she explained this to me.

The breakfast was as good as at any of our local farm shops and much cheaper too., with a nice atmosphere.

It's only a couple of minutes off of the M4 at jnction17, and better than Leigh Delamere services which are about 1-2 miles west of junction 17.

Pit Stop
Their time restriction is "interesting" as the enlightened services like Westmorland Group (M6 Tebay, M74 Cairn Lodge and M5 Gloucester) and Cornwall Services on the A30 all offer 3 hours parking free-of-charge rather than the 2 hour minimum at Motorway Service Areas.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Full tank breakfast would suit me as it looks good value. Our local farm shop offer at breakfast at £12.99 for one egg, one sausage, one bacon, beans and toast! We have never bothered going there for breakfast as the fishing place nearby offers far better value for £4 less.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Their time restriction is "interesting" as the enlightened services like Westmorland Group (M6 Tebay, M74 Cairn Lodge and M5 Gloucester) and Cornwall Services on the A30 all offer 3 hours parking free-of-charge rather than the 2 hour minimum at Motorway Service Areas.
Tebay in Cumbria also have a truck stop quite close. We used it once heading to Scotland. Nice standard food too.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Full tank breakfast would suit me as it looks good value. Our local farm shop offer at breakfast at £12.99 for one egg, one sausage, one bacon, beans and toast! We have never bothered going there for breakfast as the fishing place nearby offers far better value for £4 less.
£4 that’s a fantastically good price by any standards.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Tebay in Cumbria also have a truck stop quite close. We used it once heading to Scotland. Nice standard food too.
The Tebay Truckstop, at J38, is also owned/run by Westmorland, the operators of the Tebay Services actually on the M6. Parking is free for 3 hours at the Truckstop too.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Tebay Truckstop, at J38, is also owned/run by Westmorland, the operators of the Tebay Services actually on the M6. Parking is free for 3 hours at the Truckstop too.
The group also have a hotel on site ( The Westmorland ) and we were going to book it for a stop over en route to and from Scotland, but £130 plus charges for dog and breakfast struck me as pretty expensive, so we are staying somewhere else. For comparison In September last year en route to Northumberland we stopped over at the Ringwood Hall hotel near to Chesterfield and it was £74 per night plus dog and breakfast. A significantly nicer place in attractive grounds.

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS