The Plassey, Eyton, Wrexham, North Wales

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Thanks before hand.

Anybody been?.

What are the pitches like?.

whats the access like?.

what the facilities like?.

is there stuff to do in the area for kids?.

how far from the beach etc etc

jo
th

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne - it is a beautiful site with good size pitches and spotless toilet facilities. There is an indoor swimming pool, games room and the usual outdoor swings, etc. for children. There are also a few different shops on site. Also on site is golf course, fishing lakes and small garden centre. My wife and I had an excellent holiday there, on saying that there were no children with us so we did not pay much attention to the facilities for children. The access is very good having a long wide drive to the site, however at the end of the drive is a 90o left hand turn onto the site (no real problem, there is ample room to swing the caravan around). Not far from the site is Llangollen with a preserved steam railway which meanders up the valley following the river. A nice touch in our opinion was that on our last evening there the owner came to see us to enquire if we had any complaints and thanked us for visiting the site.

The downside is that it is a fair distance from any seaside - I would say approx. 1 hour drive to the North Wales coast. Should you decide to visit there I am sure you will enjoy the holiday - we certainly did.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Colin that this is a very nice site, however I was left wondering just why it was so expensive to stay there. The swimming pool and the golf course are charged extra and I was expecting so much more for the amount charged.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
thanks you two. im sure the site owner is a member on here. i couldnt find the prices for the site ill go and have another look. if there not much to do in the area then it will be a no no. thanks again

jo

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi
Haven't stopped at The Plassey simply because we have family living not too far away. Site looked nice when we visited. The Plassey is located not too far from the Welsh English border - Wrexham, Chester, Llangollen, Shrewsbury and the smaller villages are within easy driving distance. There's all sorts in the area eg there's a steam railway , canal and river at Llangollen. There's what is known as the Horseshoe pass outside of Llangollen, very scenic and popular for walking. Chester is famous for its history and you also have the river and range of shops, Wrexham is quite a large town with plenty of shops, a swimming pool, cinema, bowling etc. Shrewsbury is also a town. Not far away from the Plassey you have the world Heritage site of Froncysyllte viaduct. There's also a race course just down the road at Bangor on Dee. National trust - you have Chirk castle and Erdding at Wrexham. CADW is the Welsh equivalent so to speak of English heritage. There are a number of country pubs in the surrounding area.
Not sure which way you would be towing, just be aware that there are speed humps and other traffic calming measures on the road to the north of the drive which takes you to the Plassey. They're near a school in a village I think its called Eaton. I've seen twin axiles and other large caravans towing on the road, you just need to be careful as you go over the speed humps. The approach drive to The Plassey is fine.
Hope this helps

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I stayed at the plassey in feb 2011 ,it is a 5 star site for upkeep & toilet facilities,the park is full of seasonal pitches so looks packed out,there isn't that much space available for everyone else,there is a badmington court outside but under cover in a barn ,as well as table tennis,the pool was closed while I was there but saying that they charge £2.50 entrance to use when it opens in April,I would not mind if it was a haven/butlins standard pool ,but it is only about 10 meters in length & 6 meters wide,fully serviced pitches are great but you do pay a price ,I will use it again but only as first outing of the year so I can give van a deep clean & system flush,
10 mins from Wrexham town centre & supermarkets,

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi I was pleased to see this post as we have booked 4 nights here in August, at the end of our holiday to Dorset. Site looks lovely and looking forward to it.

Olive

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi I was pleased to see this post as we have booked 4 nights here in August, at the end of our holiday to Dorset. Site looks lovely and looking forward to it.

Olive

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Plassey is top notch, one of the best commercial sites I've stopped on. There are some great shops on site, and also a really nice restaurant. Yes it's expensive, but personally I think it's worth it. But it isn't really a beach site - it's too far inland realistically, though Llangollen and Bala aren't too far.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts