Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
So the caravan is good cleaned up a treat from when I first got it,
The floor in the corners are ok all the electrics and gas works only problem is under the front windows are rotton, now it's a caravan that was given to me and I'm not afraid of work so is it an easy job to replace round windows inside? Do the seating and storage over front windows come out easy?Can I pick up a replacement for round windows? Any links would be great thanks mark

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do not think the internal furniture will come out easily although you do not say what the caravan is. The build order is that the furniture goes on the floor first and once this is fastened down the body then goes round so getting the furniture out might be a problem. I think unless someone has done it on your model you may have to look and work it out.
If the caravan needs new windows google caravan breakers with details of your caravan and see if any have what you need. You can get new ones made but they are expensive so may not be worthwhile.

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
At bottom of my post it says elddis cyclone towed with my 110 Land Rover

Well my view is they are put together so must come apart it's a shame to let a bit of rot destroy a decent van

Plus as said it was given to me so don't mind spending a few £££ on it have you seen the price of vans lately 30k 35k
Just a thought tho windows are fine I'd put my money on seals

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Perhaps the only issue in removing furniture is how it is attached to the caravan side walls. Sometimes attachment is by ordinary woodscrews which is straightforward, others use rivets of which I have no experience, but would imagine to be more problematical.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
H Mark
It's very doable. Take your time and take photo's at each stage as you dismantle the front, they are for your benefit, if, like me your short time memory last about a second :whistle:
I also made cardboard templates of the rotted part before I ripped it out. You will have to destroy the lining, this can be replaced by 3mm ply, marine if you can, and wall papered, that's if you can't find a match.. be very careful not to damage the outer skin. Use plenty of Sikaflex 512 no need to use staples on joins. You can bye the window rubbers with the sealant already in place.
I made the replacement timber out of external ply, clamping together with waterproof glue until I had the correct thickness of the timber being replaced, then used the templates and cut to fit.
Like I say give yourself plenty of time and be prepared for the inside of your van to look like someone has thrown a hand-grenade in there, when you'r half way through the repair . :woohoo:
The feeling of satisfaction when complete is great. Good luck ;) ;) ;) ;)

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I agree with DaveA1. Take loads of photos of how things fit in relation to each other, plus make diagrams with detailed measurements. Never throw away anything however rotten, until the job is finished and you are 100% sure you don't need to reference it for shape, location, sizing, position of screw holes etc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts