The saga continues

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
I never investigated whether the GV was a good Towcar only that when larger MPVs were being suggested I threw in the GV as a large, roomy and heavy offering. The OP seems quite capable of making the right call given information.

Ack - And mine was an older curvier style GV. the new one (boxier and squarer) that came in in around 2010 may be much better. But if I had to choose between GV and XC90 for a 7 seat tow car - its a no brainier for me.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ack - And mine was an older curvier style GV. the new one (boxier and squarer) that came in in around 2010 may be much better. But if I had to choose between GV and XC90 for a 7 seat tow car - its a no brainier for me.
Either way your real comparative experience would give OP some useful information on which to look further.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just to Chuck a spanner in the works, according to Bailey the OPs Turin has an MTPLM of 1686 kgs not the 1800 he has stated. That makes a big difference to the tow car choice. The Profs original list is well stated.pound for pound and for use as a daily commuter,I feel the Santa Fe or Sorento best. I’d discount the Kodiak which is same weight ( model Dependant) as the Turin. .MB can be costly to maintain and run.
Otherwise in the infamous words, I am in agreement😉

• Haha
Reactions: Parksy and Hutch
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Just to Chuck a spanner in the works, according to Bailey the OPs Turin has an MTPLM of 1686 kgs not the 1800 he has stated. That makes a big difference to the tow car choice. The Profs original list is well stated.pound for pound and for use as a daily commuter,I feel the Santa Fe or Sorento best. I’d discount the Kodiak which is same weight ( model Dependant) as the Turin. .MB can be costly to maintain and run.
Otherwise in the infamous words, I am in agreement😉
Maybe the OP's caravan has had a weight upgrade to 1800kg.

Reactions: Dustydog
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My niece and husband had a GV Mk1 and sadly it had poor economy and was nothing but trouble, I have heard similar stories from other quarters about poor fit and finish and reliability issues. It's a real shame becasue in principle it was a very flexible vehicle and met their need at the time.

Reactions: Tobes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts