the sandringham estate caravan clubsite

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We really like it, stopped there a few times. Immaculate facilities etc. Some people say its too regimented compared to the CCC site close by. (We've stopped at both sites).
smiley-cool.gif

I love the area its set in, nice woods etc. The first time we stopped there, we missed the turn in, so just look out for that.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bryan, We just got back yesterday from Sandringham it one of our favourite site, you can use the working man club thro the wood but do take your membership card with you, don't know what it like in there but other use it,
also if you got a dog go to Old Hunstanton and park you car near the light house then walk down to the beach for miles, good few pubs in the area,
Hunstanton is a little town for all you need but do try the meat pie and their fruit pie shop next to the TV shop,
Load of other area to look into as well like Well-next-the-sea ect Enjoy it Trevor123

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
A few years ago we went. If you have a dog beware of ticks. It was the worse place we'd been for them. Also last October time a few dogs got ill and died. Even Lizzie was concerned enough to order an inquiry. The same thing was happening around the Sherwood area and at the time they were putting it down to fungi.

This is the latest I could find. See here ......
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12114535

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site

Been to Sandringham for the last five years wonderful site, the reason we have given it a miss this year is due to the problem of the dogs dying for no apparent reason, the vets on Sandringham were investigating, its the same in Sherwood forest l believe their was a post on this forum a while ago not seen if they have identified the problem yet. Don’t know if the moderators have followed up that post to see if their is any more information been released. Word of warning don’t turn up to early, we got their 15 minutes early last year but did not pull up to the barrier and was about to take the dogs down the lane for their necessaries outside the site when l was well and truly told off by one of the grumpy wardens, never had a problem the previous years. Back to the site its set in a wonderful setting it take about ¾ hour to walk to Sandringham, as l have said the walks through the woods and grounds are marvellous , another place to visit is Holkham beach, Kings Lynn and numerous other place to mention, hope you have a great stay l am sure you will if you keep on the right side of the warden.
NigelH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi The fungi problem was last Oct last year it because of the damp tree leaves and other fungi problem in the ground, but beware if you have Asthmas problem we was there last year and it put me in hospital over the xmas ending up having 6 weeks off work,
While we was there my wife took the dogs on a other area of the wood for their morning/eve walk, but I stay in the van to be on the safe side
Then later we went to Old Hustanton to let them off on the beach, I'm back to work now as my health will never be the same as it was before. So just beware for your dog and you if you suffer from breathing problem. Trevor 123

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts