Jul 4, 2006
Visit site
After having two children and now in my early forties my wife has decided that I need to get the snip.

Have any other members had this done, any advice comments appreciated

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A similar situation arose in my household about 8 years ago. I am pleased to report that I found the procedure to be completely pain-free, and I did not suffer from any after-effects. I didn't take any time of work, and I was able to walk normally at all times.

ps I couldn't face it so I had Mrs P "done" when she went in for a 10,000 mile service. Why not suggest same to Mrs Lionheart?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear,

Mike P couldn't face it !!!! Men are very protective of their personal parts........if they had to have babies the world would grind to a stop. :eek:) :eek:)

If the wife has done her bit by producing then surely it is time for the men to do their bit !!!!!

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ricky

My husband had it done around 8 weeks ago, he was awake throughout and on a pain scale of 1 to 10 afterwards he says it was a 2.

Go for it!!

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The "snip" for a man is a very monor procedure carried out under a local anaesthetic usually.

The same cannot be said for the equivelent in a lady. It is far more of a major op - usualy under a gerneral anaesthetic.

Only problem I had was forgetting to drop a sample off at the lab to give the "all clear" -

A couple of days later when out with friends, my mate opened the glove box to leave his car keys their and found the forgotten sample pot.

By the end of the evening I was just about seeing the funny side after suffering every w*nker joke the whole pub could think of.

Been firing blanks now for many years - never had a problem but I have noticed that after a long bout of activity when I stand up my right ankle swells -

Well I suppose it has to go somewhere?

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
Sorry guys but an old relative who was a doctor always said don't break something that works fine.

No quack is getting near ANY part of me as long as it all works fine.

I'm not squeamish or scared but think there is to much tampering with nature these days.

Sadly we have friends who wanted more children due to a tragedy and the effect of the "snip" caused far to many psycological problems between the couple.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Agree with much above, as Clive rides a horse he probably found it easier I walked like John Wayne for a week.

I think though it's illegal in France !!

as its considered self mutilation...

Monkeys Husband

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry guys but an old relative who was a doctor always said don't break something that works fine.

No quack is getting near ANY part of me as long as it all works fine.

I'm not squeamish or scared but think there is to much tampering with nature these days.

Sadly we have friends who wanted more children due to a tragedy and the effect of the "snip" caused far to many psycological problems between the couple.
Crikey! So many friends with so many problems PC - you must live in Emmerdale, Walford or Coronation St.

LOL!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh I was sore for a few days MH - but not as sore as falling off a horse! For those of us that have had the snip I think that as mature adults we realise that as the male bits hang on the outside it is easier, less complicated for us to have the snip.

But for anyone with a self image problem to start with then a vasectomy is probably not a good idea.

The poor wife presumably has to take precautions and the pill certainly has its problems or go through a major procedure.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My neighbour had a similar operation but it was carried out through her navel with the use of a minor anethetic. There apparantly was very little discomfort or pain so she said. I am however a live coward and will heed the advice of my doctor - don't let them take the knife to you unless it is desperate as it is like jury service, once they have your name there is no turning back.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Had it done 30 years ago, nothing much to it LOL.

Oh by the way LOL the two bricks are for making the camel drink it s fill, nowadays they use nut crackers for the mens parts !!!

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Frank and Val, never shall I eat another walnut again. I can't imagine the confusion at xmas time, sat next to the fire, nut crackers in one hand the other cradling what you hope are walnuts........

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hmmm must make a note of that,"if I ever go around to Lol's house for a Christmas drink don't stand next to the fire, especially if he's holding the nut crackers"

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Well I had the snip done now for three to four years now.

There can be side faxes form have it done that do not show up state way.

Mark

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
3 Years in after the snip no problems. Didnt get any pain from the op just some discomfort for a few days.

Id recomend it to anyone who wants it done

Kevin H

PS clive its my left knee that swells up!!

TRENDING THREADS