The things people steal !!!!!

Apr 19, 2005
Visit site
We went back to our caravan after a month in storage and somebody had entered our van ( no sign of break in ) and had stole the hob rack that the saucepans sit on with the side guards.

No we had`nt taken it out. we thought we were both going barmy !!!

Anbody else had any strange things stolen from their caravans ?.

It is a new caravan and it just proves how rubbish the locks are.

Mark.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
We were staying at Glenmore Campsite near Aviemore where there are two new toilet blocks. The warden was telling me that due to a lot of sand and dirt being dragged into the toilets he put down some rubber backed footmats at the entrance. You guessed it - stolen !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had the ultimate in humiliation, we hadn't unloaded the van since we last used it, and we got a call from the storage site to come and check it over as some miss guided soul had seem fit to break in. We got there fearing the worse, but after checking found that absolutely nothing had been taken. I felt so down trodden, not even a "low life" felt my gear was worth nicking!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
There were ten of use working in a factory we had dills 7 grinder and other tools on the floor. In one of the rooms we had a canteen were all our boot were and overalls and a storeroom with bits in it. They broke in and tuck the tea bags

Mark

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
caravan locks ? your having a laugh, i have a brand new ace twin axle and my door key opens the lockers on my dads 2004 coachman pastiche you can then get in the van from under the fixed bed. this got us wondering so we tried my key in my sisters avondale but it did not fit, we then tried my dads coachman door key and it opened the avondale door with no problem, we found that the coachman key opened all my lockers and the avondale key opened the door with a little twiddling. non of our keys have the same numbers on them, like i said caravan locks your having a laugh. 3 different makes of van but we can get in to each others with our own keys.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We had the ultimate in humiliation, we hadn't unloaded the van since we last used it, and we got a call from the storage site to come and check it over as some miss guided soul had seem fit to break in. We got there fearing the worse, but after checking found that absolutely nothing had been taken. I felt so down trodden, not even a "low life" felt my gear was worth nicking!
heheheh Lol

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
A work collegue used to find a lot of petty theft going on at her storage site. Things like the electric hook up cable,gas bottle,awning pegs, all from the front locker.Oh and the flip down water inlet cover! It's a shame to think this must have been fellow caravaners using the secure storage facility.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thankfully we have had nothing stolen from our 'van but when we had a horse we all noticed that our feed was going down a bit faster than normal.

The stable owner rigged up a further camera within the security system and the culprit was identified. A so called "friend" that went from bin to bin so she was feeding her horse virtualy for nothing.

To this day I cannot understand how she could stand there with us having a chat. Amazing.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

I had a little chuckle at your posting. Reminds me of the time I hoped someone would steal a vehicle I was trying to sell. I used to leave it with the windows open and the key in the ignition, at home and anywhere I parked it - sadly, no one pinched it. I did manage to sell it in the end (at a loss obviously)!.

Lisa.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive -

It's more common than you think. We had a girl on our yard (who later had a sex change, but don't go there), she used to go in the stables at night when everyone had gone home and actually remove hay from the haynets and use it for her horse. She used to pinch the hard feed too. The yard manager rigged up a cctv and caught her out.

Lisa.

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Lisa and Clive, talk about taking the food from the horses mouth! Seriously, as a genuine animal lover, the thief was not bothered about the fact yours and other people's horses may have been starving.Unfortunately, this kind of scam may be continuing.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Static

The thing about taking food out of the horses stables is that you might only notice something is wrong when the horse started to drop weight and then you might think the horse has some ailment and act accordingly. That's bad news and I'm sure it does go on a lot in different yards. Also, you should never lock a horse in a stable (in case of fire) so anyone can gain access.

Lisa

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I once had a 1958 Austin Healy Frogeyed Spite. Those in the know will know that they do not have door handles or locks.To get in you simply slide open the window in pull the handle on the inside. I returned to the car one night to find someone had stolen..... the steering wheel lock!!!!

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
My brother in law fits kitchens for a living, he was outside a house drilling a 4 inch hole in the wall to accept the cooker hood vent with a big core drill. Just before the drill was about to break through to the inside of the house he thought it would be a good idea to go back into the house and check all was well. He went inside leaving the drill in the hole he was drilling... Yes you guessed it upon his return some 3 minutes later, the drill, transformer and drill bit was no more!!!!!!!Only in Liverpool!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Had the drop down flap covering the outside electric point 'removed' whilst out for the day in Spain. I know it was there 'cause I made sure it was closed before going out due to the threat of showers. Also had two mosquito 'buzzers' stolen during a break in - by kids - at the storage site. No wrappers, instructions or, more to the point, no batteries. Often wonder what on earth they thought they were for. Someone I know who worked in the hotel business was always fascinated to find the pots of scouring powder vanishing from the bathrooms. And during years of working in T.V. without loss by theft of technical kit all that went missing was the off-cuts of scrap white card we used to colour balance camera's.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There were ten of use working in a factory we had dills 7 grinder and other tools on the floor. In one of the rooms we had a canteen were all our boot were and overalls and a storeroom with bits in it. They broke in and tuck the tea bags

Mark
The temptation to replace the tea bags with senna-pod tea would have been to great to resist.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
My brother in law fits kitchens for a living, he was outside a house drilling a 4 inch hole in the wall to accept the cooker hood vent with a big core drill. Just before the drill was about to break through to the inside of the house he thought it would be a good idea to go back into the house and check all was well. He went inside leaving the drill in the hole he was drilling... Yes you guessed it upon his return some 3 minutes later, the drill, transformer and drill bit was no more!!!!!!!Only in Liverpool!!!!!!!!!!!
tut tut Graham,now you know its not only in Liverpool !!(smack botty )

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I used to have a relient regal three wheeler car. I fitted a cheap car alarm to it to prevent theft.

It got broke into and all they stole was the cheap car alarm.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I used to have a relient regal three wheeler car. I fitted a cheap car alarm to it to prevent theft.

It got broke into and all they stole was the cheap car alarm.
Many years ago I was re-roofing an old 4 storey block of flats and was using a petrol driven stihl saw for cutting roofing tiles.I stuck it behind a chimney and went down to my van for a cuppa.I was away for 15-20 mins,when I came back the saw was gone...4 storeys up...there was no scaffold or ladders.

I had used the skylight for access,so must have been someone with a good head for heights..

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
hi,if i have said this before,sorry.its a sad fact today,LOCK IT OR LOSE IT,we now have locks on the water barrels and new steps and trolly.i met a man who had three water barrels taken over the years,i did not lock before this.i was told by a man that the water barrel pays for the car boot stall.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
You could try writing your name/regstration number on the water/wate carries in indelible black marker pen. The same on the underside of the step.

ColinB

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have often wandered why I trust so many people on sites because I never would leave items like aqua roll or wastemaster unattended my front garden but happily leave them unattended on site.

Sometimes I wonder at the number of these items advertised in newspapers etc and think they may have been aquired by light fingered people wandering around our sites or even worse having broken into stored caravans.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts