The user name says it all!

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi me and my hubby bought a old 1991 monza about 3 months ago and have slowly been doin it up(making massive gaffes!) We replace the damp front wall back to the skin, and replaced the front window after it smashed on my head, and this weekend flooded the van whilst testing the water pump! the pump worked , the internal plumbing didnt. However it has beautiful new upholstery and curtains lol! We havent taken it out yet and are aiming for the end of june. Would you have an electrics and gas MOT? I want to, hubby wants to save money. i would like to not be exploded or electrocuted! is anyone else here as new to this as me. Even after all the trauma, I love it and cant wait to use it with my kids. Also this is really hard if you dont have a drive isnt it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Again,

Yes you should get both the electrics and the Gas system professionally checked. Your safety and that of your family and neighbours could depend on it.

Can I also suggest that having introduced yourself, please make any other posts in the relevant sections in the forum.
Cheers

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Moneypit, welcome to the forum.
I like the forum name :lol: For your own peace of mind it's worth getting a mobile caravan engineer to give the lpg systems and the electrics the once over, Click Here to find one in your area.
Qualified mobile service engineers charge much less than caravan dealerships and the engineer will spot anything untoward.
As caravan newbies there will no doubt be lots of things that you will want to find out, don't be afraid to ask no matter how silly the question might seem
The main thing is to enjoy your caravan and spending good times with the kids B)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Concur with everything the others have said, absolutely get it checked over and add the running gear to the list. Check the age of the tyres too even if they arent worn, and pay particualr attention to the side walls. The internet is littered with horror stories about Carb Monox poisoning in caravans and every year brings a new tragedy. This isnt to scare you or put you off, the systems are safe but do need checking periodically.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi moneypit. I'm sure that you will get there and then all this will just give you bragging rights when you are filling the aquaroll. Good luck
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts