The young caravan club

Dec 10, 2005
Visit site
THE site for young caravan owners/users aged between 18 - 35.

The new web site is www.youngcaravan.org.uk

Good site, with meets now happening on a regular basis!

Dec 10, 2005
Visit site
Nope, didnt know I needed to as its the section for `Events, rallies and owners' clubs`

Please delete my post Mr or Mrs moderator if you want to.

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
Oi !!! Saga is 55...I ain't that old *quite* My mind still tells me I'm 18, but my body won't listen. Don't think I'ld get away with 18 - 35 though...

May 4, 2005
Visit site
11 Sep 2006 08:47 AM Looks a good site some very interesting topics on there

Richard ,why the surprise? you've been a member since July !

Oh and so are

bright red rover

Al

Gavin

Enjoy your Forum guys

Brian (",)

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
And what exactly is your problem with that Brian???

I joined yesterday, looks like an ok site, or are we not allowed to join any other forums without your blessing??

And just for the record, i don't go trawling other forums to see if any members have joined and i don't take too kindly to you spying on me and then posting details on here,

Grow up,

Gavin

May 12, 2006
Visit site
IF Gordon ever gets to be the PM he will have everyone convinced that 65 is the age at which you can join the Young Caravanners. No more of this packing in work at 55 for you lot !!!.

Anyone care to join the Silver Age Caravanners??? We who can tour off peak, no need to worry about the cost at school holiday time. Take an evening or early morning ferry at a huge discount. Spain/Portugal or South of France for the winter months. I will have convinced myself it's better to be Silver rather than young if I keep on at this rate.

Everybody enjoy themselves

Val & Frank

May 4, 2005
Visit site
No problem Gavin, the purpose of my post was to highlight that this seemingly innocent exchange of posts about the YC website was actually posted by some of its members .

I concede that you were not part of this and apologise.

I'm afraid I have already grown up so won't be joining you on the YC site but maybe if they raise the age limit again I'll have a look.

Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you will find we are all actually very grown up. It is a little bit of friendly banter. We too use this forum and have used it a lot in the past and have received very valuable advice particularly in the overseas section. Young Caravan is aimed at the younger generation obviously and I certainly dont think we are what you think we may be. We are younger yes, have families (oh you probably hate us now as majority have kids) I can feel us getting stereotyped already lol) . It is a just a place for people to meet up who are likeminded and similar ages. We work hard on our website and are currently trying to improve it further. No different to an owners club or similar in my opinion. Feel free to have a look. It is a not meant to offend.

Jun 5, 2006
Visit site
I think you will find we are all actually very grown up. It is a little bit of friendly banter. We too use this forum and have used it a lot in the past and have received very valuable advice particularly in the overseas section. Young Caravan is aimed at the younger generation obviously and I certainly dont think we are what you think we may be. We are younger yes, have families (oh you probably hate us now as majority have kids) I can feel us getting stereotyped already lol) . It is a just a place for people to meet up who are likeminded and similar ages. We work hard on our website and are currently trying to improve it further. No different to an owners club or similar in my opinion. Feel free to have a look. It is a not meant to offend.
We may act grown up, but I am sure as hell that I will never truley grow up!!!

But seriously, excellent comments. Being young and into caravanning is not that common and being able to chat, share ideas and recieve advice in the YC has proved invaluable.

What will I do when I reach 40?

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
http://www.caravanchannel.co.uk/players2/ycc106.html
The interview on the caravan channel with the YCC just about summed up all the reasons we enjoy caravanning so much.

Sounds ideal for our family 2 girls 5yo and 4yo, wife 39yo - only one drawback - me - a young 48yo.

Mind you the people in the interview came across as in a similar age group to my friends, perhaps it should be a young families CC.

Still only a couple of years before I can join that other ageist organisation Saga.

TRENDING THREADS