There use

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
to be an actor in the old black and white westerns, who use to splutter and stutter is lines almost to point of not understanding him.

Just watch Boris. no TV and he reminded of this actor. Boris cannot put a sentence together without repeating each word two or three times, making the sentence meaningless.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
to be an actor in the old black and white westerns, who use to splutter and stutter is lines almost to point of not understanding him.

Just watch Boris. no TV and he reminded of this actor. Boris cannot put a sentence together without repeating each word two or three times, making the sentence meaningless.

Like “ build build build” or “get Brexit done” I suspect they come from Dominic.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gabby Hayes was the actor I think.
I suspect that anyone who is answering quick fire questions from political opponents from both sides of the house, and being interrogated by aggressive hostile TV pundits out to trip one up with a 'Gotcha' word or phrase when as PM you lead a team with no experience on how to deal with a pandemic that has scuppered every pre election plan, any of us might splitter and stutter a bit.
Give the guy a break, he has to carefully weigh up and consider every word that he says.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well there you are!! Apparently the government are going to employ a professional briefing person, to take the daily briefing at number ten. think Cummings was thinking the same as me.

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Daily press briefings by a politically appointed spokesperson will give the government line on all matters once Covid has departed. It’s a bit like having infinite party political broadcast with the opposition parties excluded. I hope the media boycott them.

Reactions: DaveA1
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

Could you do any better when facing a hostile press plus all the responsibilities? A rather petty remark as not every one is perfect!

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Could you do any better when facing a hostile press plus all the responsibilities? A rather petty remark as not every one is perfect!
No I couldn't and I can't think of anyone else who could do better as far as managing the pandemic, given he was very ill for a time. It has been his lifes ambition to be where he is. Hostile press is the norm (most of it left leaning) and your'd have thought he would be better prepared, for the inevitable grilling.. Raab and Williamson and the medical advisers, appeared better prepared although the same pressure was there.
Cummings has already taken note of this and there are reports of a spokesperson being employed.
It is my observation, don't agree its petty,

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
No I couldn't and I can't think of anyone else who could do better as far as managing the pandemic, given he was very ill for a time. It has been his lifes ambition to be where he is. Hostile press is the norm (most of it left leaning) and your'd have thought he would be better prepared, for the inevitable grilling.. Raab and Williamson and the medical advisers, appeared better prepared although the same pressure was there.
Cummings has already taken note of this and there are reports of a spokesperson being employed.
It is my observation, don't agree its petty,
Apologies as that is the way it came across. It read as if you were having a "go" at him when he is doing his best under very difficult circumstances. This is a major problem when you cannot see the person with whom you are communicating and things can be misunderstood..

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Apologies not necessary Buckman :) When you take politicians like Blair, Rees-Mogg and Farage , what ever you think about thire politics, you have to admire the fact that thire brains always seem to be automatically in gear,making clearer communications.

Just like an Automatic gearbox makes for better towing. ;)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Buckman has pointed out one of the issues with open forums, a cliche of people who do actually know each find it easy to trade comments which may mean something to them, but to the majority of readers it means nothing or makes no sense whatsoever.

I have been accused of over explaining issues, usually by those who already know, but there are frequently new readers who may not know the background to a thread or a problem.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Buckman has pointed out one of the issues with open forums, a cliche of people who do actually know each find it easy to trade comments which may mean something to them, but to the majority of readers it means nothing or makes no sense whatsoever.

I have been accused of over explaining issues, usually by those who already know, but there are frequently new readers who may not know the background to a thread or a problem.
Sometimes you do get carried away like some of us, however your input is always valued and a refresher to those of us who have forgotten. :ROFLMAO:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts