Thetford C200 toilet bowl and sear replacement

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We need a replacement as the original bowl has discoloured.No jokes please.
The parts seem readily available although I can't find reference to the kit for discussed on here last year.
Is this an easy diy job.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Have a look on here for the retaining bracket & bowl clamps

If you remove your cassette and place a mirror at a angle you will be able to see the mounting screws that hold the retaining brackets & bowl clamps in place...

20150325_134841_zpsqwfjtgxe.jpg
20150325_134823_zps2zzkvsei.jpg

Looks easy enough to do ;) just take a few photos to reference everything to and your sorted ....

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Sir Dusty my friend. We have had the same problem but must remember our van is six years old and our toilet was discolouring so what I did was bought Asda Steralising Tablets and filled the loo near to the top and popped three tablets in .Leave it for about and half an hour to an hour.Our Loo came up nice and white again.
Good Luck. Sir Roger

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thank you Sir Roger my old mucker
I've dropped a brick. Mine is actually a C 250 model. Over the last 7 years the plastic bowl has yellowed and no longer meets with her Lady ships approval.
I thought I'd read somewhere that Thetford did a ceramic bowl replacement kit.
A bit of an upgrade. I'll raid MIL'S bathroom cabinet for the teeth cleaners.
I haven't the nerve to ask my local chemist. Worse than " something for the weekend"! :p

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Sir Dusty if you are going to use Steradent then you have to leave the solution a bit longer .Ours too is the C250 and honestly it did work.Cheap Way out .You dont have to worry about anything for the weekend Sir the steralising tablets are what we used to clean babies bottles with.
Toodle Pip

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Thank you Sir Roger my old mucker
I've dropped a brick. Mine is actually a C 250 model. Over the last 7 years the plastic bowl has yellowed and no longer meets with her Lady ships approval.
I thought I'd read somewhere that Thetford did a ceramic bowl replacement kit.
A bit of an upgrade. I'll raid MIL'S bathroom cabinet for the teeth cleaners.
I haven't the nerve to ask my local chemist. Worse than " something for the weekend"! :p

From Leisureshops website:-
Can I replace the plastic toilet bowl (Thetford C250) with a ceramic bowl assembly please?
Posted by: Pete Muddiman
12 Dec 2012
I'm afraid you can't convert as the base is manufactured differently in order to support the weight of the ceramic bowl. Also, we do not supply the bowls as a separate item retail. If you wish to change you would need to buy a complete toilet.
Technical TomAnswered officially by Technical Tom.

:(

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Dave

This is an unacceptable result on the part of Thetford.

They openly offer replacement bowls for the C200 but not the C250.
What a disgrace.
I shall write to them and ask why we are going backwards!
Meanwhile I shall visit Asda next week and buy some denture cleaners.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello again Sir Dusty. If you go to Asda get there own Steralising Tablets rather than denture cleaners ,the tablets work out cheaper.We use them in the sink in the caravan as well and if you have a stainless steel sink at home do the same thing you will be surprised how they clean that up as well Also good for cleaning tea stained tea cups . I hope Sir Roger has been able offer you some help that you can use . Toodle Pip for now

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Memsaab likes black tea which stains even china cups very quickly yet alone the melamine. We found denture or bottle sterilising tablets were excellent at cleaning, but felt it was expensive as by experimentation we could cut the tables into quarters which work just as well. But we found the tablets did not split very neatly and often crumbled, so we went to bottle sterilising fluid which worked out even cheaper. Its sometimes difficult to find at Tesco or Morrisons, but so far Sainsbury's seem to keep it

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
All my sterilizing fluids for pipes etc. now come from 'the pound shops' and are just as good as Milton. (Ps but don't use it on my teeth!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts