Thetford C200 water leak

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
After the Easter break I needed to empty the cassette but found fresh water in the bottom of the cassette compartmet. This is obviously the water from the supply for flushing. has anyone any idea where this is coming from and how to detect it?

Graham

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Graham

I have the Thetford C200 CW which has the manual flush handle on the top of the Flush water tank.

For the flush water to get into the wet locker box it's probably a leak on the plastic pipe which feeds the flush to the bowl rim or less likely it could be the drain plug at the front left side of the water tank not having been replaced securly after previously draining.

Regards Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you might find this water is actually rainwater that has got in via the hatch door seal. I have found these doors do not always seal very well, and due to the internal profile, if rain gets round the seal, it easily gets across the threshold of the van wall. I had wet carpet around the rear of a C200 toilet - immediately ready to blame the cassette unit, but found that this was coming in from outside! If you look closely at the way the door closes, and relies very much on compressing a flimsy rubber gasket, you may spot something. Also if you examine the fittings within the rear of the toilet, I think you will find that it is pretty unlikely for the flush tank to leak anywhere. If it is the hatch, try some self adhesive (waterproof) draught excluder around the inner frame, this might provide sufficient sealing for you. Good luck! Richard.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
if it is fresh(clear water)rather than the pink or whatever you use as flush,surely if you had a leak it would be coloured, not clear which was it??.these units are a sealed unit,so it almost certain(if it had been raining) that it is the seal on the door.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who replied to my original question. I've checked the water pipe connections from the water supply by passing water thru' it - no leaks.

I sprayed water around the closed door and yep you've got it, water in the cassette compartment. Cheers and thanks again for all your advice & help

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts