Thetford C250 Toilet .

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi All. Sir Roger here. In trouble again.Our van is 8 years old this year and its going through the circuit boards/ reed switches like they are going out of fashion. Its only a few weeks since we last went out in the van and all was fine .THis week went away no flush, I checked the fuse which had blown and as choroded. cleaned up all contacts new fuse added but still no flush so me thinks another new board / reed switch unless of course anybody on here has any ideas of a modification and by pass the stupid reed switch idea .
I thank you in antisipation ....Sir Roger.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
when you say you cleaned contacts etc did this include those within the top PCB that interfaces with the push button. I had similar problem and had to gently peel back the push membrane to reveal the pub and its contacts. I then cleaned them and it worked fine after that. Some clean the area with electrical contact cleaner and then spray lacquer to keep further corrosion at bay.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Other Clive . Thanks for your reply and yes all cleaned as you suggested. THe fuse in in the cassette housing had blown. so something else is at fault or something blown on the PCB,I went a dealership while we were away and the had sold that many of them they were waiting for new supply to come in I will make note of you suggestion and treat board when I have its working again ..
Sir Roger.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
our van is also 8 years old and the fuse in the cassette compartment corrodes so often I now keep a healthy supply of spares.
I understand newer vans do not have this fuse so perhaps manufacturers realised the problems of placing the fuse there

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
FrintonMike said:
our van is also 8 years old and the fuse in the cassette compartment corrodes so often I now keep a healthy supply of spares.
I understand newer vans do not have this fuse so perhaps manufacturers realised the problems of placing the fuse there

I find your comment interesting in that I’ve looked throughout my compartment even removing small covers and have not found a fuse anywhere. So I just spray any connections periodically with wd40.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Well,my toilet has a manual pump which is still going strong at 13 years :)

However, if I had an electric pump I know exactly what I would be doing ...... get rid of the PCB and install a robust press-switch and a good quality waterproof in-line blade fuse. As commented in another thread the best way of knowing when the cassette is getting full is to simply look down the hole!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts