Thetford C4 loo leaking - help!

Jun 1, 2007
Visit site
i've replaced the lip seal but liquids are still escaping from the bowl into the cavity that the waste tank sits in.

i have checked that the waste tank is locating correctly.

can anyone help?

thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dan

Is it the thing like a pressure relief valve ? A little thing on the top you can push down, and is pushed down automatically when loo is inserted ? These have a sort of foam disc which may not hold the nasty back if the foam is tired. The things are replaceable.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dan, are you sure it's coming from the bowl itself? It could be coming from the flushing tank. Try looking around the bottom of the tank with the cassette removed and see if it's wet. Have a feel around if necessary. Alternatively there may be a crack in the cassette itself. You should be able to tell though by the liquid colour. If it's pink/clear then it's flushing water, and if it's blue or green then it's cassette water.

Jun 1, 2007
Visit site
Dan, are you sure it's coming from the bowl itself? It could be coming from the flushing tank. Try looking around the bottom of the tank with the cassette removed and see if it's wet. Have a feel around if necessary. Alternatively there may be a crack in the cassette itself. You should be able to tell though by the liquid colour. If it's pink/clear then it's flushing water, and if it's blue or green then it's cassette water.
when i descovered it was leaking, the liquid was kinda yellow and smelly!!!

i'm now just pouring down a jug full of fresh water each time i check it.

the lip seal is holding as the tank is now spotlessly clean and nothing is going in that way.

basicly, the liquid is leaking from the bowl, into the cavity where the holding tank sits - yucky!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts