thetford casette toilet

May 15, 2006
Visit site
on our last trip out, the "blade" became stiff to activate from within the toilet. I have been told various lubricants to use to eleviate this problem, but I thought someone out there might have had a similar problem, and had a positive result from a particular lubricant. I was going to spray it with a silicon spray. Would be glad of any ones input.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Norman, I had the same problem and found cooking oil was the solution. I kep a film container pot in the locker and after emptying use a rubber glove and smear the oil round the inside and outside of the seal. It has not caused any damage to the seal over 3 years or more.

May 15, 2006
Visit site
Norman, I had the same problem and found cooking oil was the solution. I kep a film container pot in the locker and after emptying use a rubber glove and smear the oil round the inside and outside of the seal. It has not caused any damage to the seal over 3 years or more.
thanks for those tips, I will try them before letting loose with the silicon spray. Just one thing though, do I apply the oil without taking the seals out? and could it be applied with a soft paint brush?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks for those tips, I will try them before letting loose with the silicon spray. Just one thing though, do I apply the oil without taking the seals out? and could it be applied with a soft paint brush?
Norman, If you are squeamish put a light rubber glove on and with the cassette removed open the trap. Apply the oil with your finger to the seal especially the underside i.e the part of the seal which faces the blade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts