Thetford cassette seals ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I have fitted to my adria forma a thetford cassette toilet, When removing the cassette for emptying there is a small hole (approx 15mm) next to the 'handledial' that opens the main sliding hole. This small hole leaks fluid when the cassette is held upright for carrying, Should there be a seal in it? what is this hole for? and if needed where can I easily get seals? any info appreciated, Mark

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mark, It's a vent seal you need, most good caravan outlets carry thetford parts, fitting instructions are in the kit.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sounds like the vent to allow air out of the cassette without it coming back through the main hole when you open it!!!.

It has a seal which is replaceable but you could try cleaning it first as it may just have some tissue trapped around it. Changing I think you will find is not the most pleasant job in the world??.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the info, Just searched for the vent seal and you're correct, thats what it is...not to keen on sticking my hand in there though, Time to get the steam cleaner out first I think...thanks again mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts