Thetford cassette toilet questions...

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi, we have purchased a 1994 Abi monza 400d caravan with a cassette toilet... which doesn't seem to work... and so I have a few questions please...

Is it supposed to work just by pushing down the 'knob' next to the toilet?

Is it 12 volts or 240? There seems to be a white thick wire coming from the mains box under the caravan and then to the toilet... seems a bit heavy duty for a fany potty?

Where do I start trying to fix it!!!

Thanks!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Matthew

From reading your other post I'd say that your leisure battery is flat so the first thing is to charge the battery.

Fill the flushing tank when your battery is fully charged and try again.

There are different models of cassette toilet so Click Here to go to the Thetford website.

You will be able to identify which model is fitted to your Monza and download the operating instructions for your cassette toilet.

G

I have not seen your van, but I doubt if a 1994 van has an electric flush, but you never know. I suspect it is more likely to be a manual one, and the white wire you mention is for smething else. Normally there are 2 wires for electric flush models.

However, to correct myself it is possible an owner has 'upgraded' at some stage to a new electric flush model and then you may need to do some digging. There is a fuse in the system located usually inside the waste compartment, but if it is a 'aftermarket' fit then it could be anywhere.

As Parksy says, start with the battery. Check it is fine and working everything else and then start lookng at the loo itself. Take all the bits out, lift the panels inside the waste area and start looking for a fuse. Also if you have a probe check that there is current in the wire. The fault may be back up the ine somewhere.

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Right, gone out with my torch... the battery is fried I think yes, BUT there is a 12 volt adapter that seems to allow for 12 volt things to work, like the water pump for the sink, but not the toilet.

It def is electric, it is a Thetford C2 model, and the fuse seems okay.

So, it IS 12 volts then?

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
i also dont know your model but thought the one in my caravan didnt work when i first tryed to use it ....then found on the switch pannle that switches on the power to sockets and lights and water heater also had a switch witch made the toilet then flush.

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Right, taken out pump and cleaned it and freed it with wd40... that is now working on a seperate 12 volt feed to test...

I have also checked the thetford C2 electrics and with a bit of tweaking they are all working up to a plug... which is at the end of a wire... with no apparent socket? Has anybody got a wiring diagram for this type of toilet? Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts