Thetford Cassette toilet red light full indicator

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The float that has a magnet in its mount will either be stuck in the up position or will have come slightly out of its mount. In either case it cannot float on top of the poo.

Remove the (empty) waste container, open the trap and shine torch into the stern end. You will see the float - it will align with the reed relay on the PCB at the back of the waste container housing in the caravan.

If you cannot reach it look at the surroundings of the trap on top of the container where there should be a visible circle in the case. Remove the trap slide cover, get a piece of 2x2 or 3x2 or similar about 18" long, place it across the trap slide guides and turn it carefully but with some energy about 30deg anti-clockwise, then lift the trap assembly out. It is a good idea to have some newspaper handy on which to stand it as it will be covered in s**t coloured scale - and wear rubber or vinyl gloves. Reseat the float and put the whole lot back together. Job done.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Also having a look in the housing and just ensuring that the reed PCB as mentioned above is dry, and the end of the cassette that abuts it is dry, I had an intermittent 'full' light on mine after I replaced the cassette in moderate rain, a quick dry around cured it promptly.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My caravan has the "dreaded" electric flush which tends to stay on, or even worse come on of its own accord. Which could have lead to an overflowing bowl. Anyway I have fixed that problem and for the last few weeks it has behaved impeccably. Don't know whether the red light works or not, and really cannot be bothered to check, because if it doesn't I don't really want to get into the complexities of sorting it out. For years now I have used eyes and ears to determine the tank level, and my other half uses one less sense. But irrespective it is me who has the chore of emptying the tank.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
otherclive said:
For years now I have used eyes and ears to determine the tank level,.

Exactly! I haven't a clue as to whether my warning light works or not. Long before the light pops on I can see when it's reached the weight that I can comfortably carry to the disposal point without doing myself a mischief.. :blink:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts