THETFORD FRIDGE VENTILATOR KIT - Any good?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I fitted my last van with two small computer fans controlled by a thermostat. Considerably cheaper than nearly £50. It seemed to work okay in southern France until a noise sensitive neighbour said the fans disturbed them at night as they cut in and out. So I switched them off. They must have had far better hearing than me but I guess we were insulated by the fridge, cooker and cupboards and we slept at the rear of the van with bedroom door closed to keep dogs out.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I fitted a 12v computer fan on a bracket in precisely the same way as the Thetford kit (just below the top 'condenser' bit, and at the the same angle. I didn't bother with a thermostat and just switch it manually as required. Yes, it helped considerably in Spain this winter, especially because the fridge vents are within the awning, and on the South side!

It is very difficult to hear it whether inside or out. Cost in my case £zero :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
They are very good if you travel in near zero or sub zero temperatures and keep the cold winds out without having to block internal vents. Also when washing the van with hose to prevent water getting where it shouldn't

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
RayS said:
They are very good if you travel in near zero or sub zero temperatures and keep the cold winds out without having to block internal vents. Also when washing the van with hose to prevent water getting where it shouldn't

Think the OP is referring to the dc fan kit to pull warm air out of the fridge in hot weather.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts