Thetford Midi Prima MK 3 Cooker/Hob

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
Hi folks.

I have a problem with the above cooker./hob.
Works ok when I use a manual way of lighting the gas.

When I press the ignition button, on either the hob, oven or grill, there is no click from the ignitor button.
Was clicking when we went away a few weeks back, albeit, not great. Also seemed that we had to press button really firmly to get even a short spark activation.

Now nothing.
Any ideas please.

We're 500+ plus miles from home, for the next couple of weeks, with poor Wi-Fi, so searching for previous posts takes ages. Sorry.

Thanks

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Does the igniter normally click just once, or continuous click?
The first type uses a Piezo crystal , you push tge button in against resistance until it "gives" with a loud click, the second uses a battery/12v from the caravan so you just have to push a button in gently, it doesn't "give" but you can hear the igniter continuously clicking until you release the button

We need to know which type before we can offer any advice.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unfortunately to understand what might be happening really needs someone to have hands on access to investigate.

But in situations like this it could be a failure of wiring, the ignitor, a fuse, or your your understanding of how wiring it should work.

If you can ignite the flame with a match, then at least it's still usable.

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
Hi all.

Thanks for replies.

So, I removed the switch from the cooker front and it looks pretty simple in design.

Tooke the two connections off the switch and bridged them. Clicks like crazy, the way it did when we got the van July last year.

Switched the master 12 V switch off and it stops, so appears to be powered by 12V from battery.
Tap was running when I did the switch off and tap stopped too.

So needs new switch. Are these readily available.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2491.jpeg
    IMG_2491.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2490.jpeg
    IMG_2490.jpeg
    812 KB · Views: 2
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I woukd imagine tge switch to be a pretty universal item, the cooker manufacturer will be buying them in.
I would try your local cooker sales outlet (not Curry's or similar) to see if they can supply a "match" ;)

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
You need a momentary rocker switch something like these.

Search for a ‘Momentary Rectangular Rocker Switch’

Momentary simply means you need to hold it on.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts