Thetford N108 Fridge

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
Hello, this is something completely new for me. We got a Elddis Xplore 2010 last October and it has Thetford N108 Fridge. We have only just been on first trip and have made many rookie mistakes. Main one being let the battery completely run down.
When got battery sorted, we realised fridge was not getting cool on 240v and the light in fridge was not on, so brother-in-law took bulb out, with intention to get a replacement. However, we find that this bulb (624003) is discontinued.
Still to try fridge on gas for getting cool, that is task for tomorrow.
Question: does fridge need to have bulb. It’s only small caravan, so can see perfectly inside.
Question: in letting the battery completely run down, has this triggered fault with fridge.

Thank you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi AEC95

I cannot be certain, but I would be very surprised if the Thetford would stop working just because a bulb inside the compartment had failed.

And similarly I think whilst low voltage will too low to allow the PCB to work, I would expect it to shut down safely until the battery voltage was restored.

I suspect you have a damaged pcb.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Are you sure the 230 v supply hasn’t been unplugged? Somewhere near or by the fridge will be a plug/socket. Check the fuses.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We had an Xplore and when the fridge wasn’t working we replaced the fuse although it wasn’t obviously broken. Also left the heating on a while. Fridge sorted itself so either it was a dodgy fuse or( more likely) there was condensation on the PCB and the blown air heating dried it out.
Mel

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
If it’s like mine there will be an LED of similar dimensions that will fit the holder in the fridge wall.
Are other 12v lights working? If not have you blown the main fuse in the live feed between the battery box and the distribution unit - likely to be 20A?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts