Thetford N97 caravan fridge - won't work on gas

Jan 27, 2019
Visit site
Hello all. Newbie here just working through all appliances in my second hand Adria Adora. The Thetford fridge works fine on mains electricity. When I tried to work it on gas, I used the MODE button on the LCD display set to the gas flame symbol, and used the TEMP button to set the temp to max. I can hear an igniter clicking, but the gas doesn't light. After a while the blue power light flashes and a spanner symbol shows in the display. There is gas to the cooker and I've checked the gas tap under the sink is open for the fridge. Have I missed anything?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Waysideken said:
Hello all. Newbie here just working through all appliances in my second hand Adria Adora. The Thetford fridge works fine on mains electricity. When I tried to work it on gas, I used the MODE button on the LCD display set to the gas flame symbol, and used the TEMP button to set the temp to max. I can hear an igniter clicking, but the gas doesn't light. After a while the blue power light flashes and a spanner symbol shows in the display. There is gas to the cooker and I've checked the gas tap under the sink is open for the fridge. Have I missed anything?

Are you giving it enough time for the gas to permeate along the lines.

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
I think that you have to switch off the fridge, switch it back on again, then try and start it on gas. It's in the manual somewhere. I got caught out like this too.!

Jan 27, 2019
Visit site
Seems I was hasty. It did indeed need a couple of cycles to ignite then all was fine. Thanks to otherclive and Terryb250 for lesson in patience..

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There may be an on off valve in the line to the fridge. It is worth checking that this is turned to the on position.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Raywood said:
There may be an on off valve in the line to the fridge. It is worth checking that this is turned to the on position.

From the above post I think he has got it sorted. It seems like the gas in the pipework had not been in long enough to form a combustible mix.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts