Thetford Toilet Cassette's

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
OK guy's go easy on me please! :blush:

I publicly disclose this because I cannot be the only bloke out there that has been making this mistake! (or am I ) and even if spare one other bloke this problem I will have done some good.

Since starting caravanning in the UK about 8 months ago I have hated emptying the cassette. This weekend while at The Willows Abersoch, which by the way turned out to be a great adult only park - few too many dogs for my liking, but still great, I emptied the thing and once again it splashed all over the place. I needed to wash my lower legs - again.

Having done the job and replaced the cassette I went to the shower block to wash my legs and saw a lady emptying hers and saw she opened the top end. She did not use the shutter flap hole.

On getting back home to my utter embarrassment on looking it up saw she was right. I guess it all makes sense now, no more mess for me!

Anyway - a shout out for a really nice small touring park in a fantastic location - The Willows Abersoch.
Only 20 fully serviced hard standing sites.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When I first started to read your post I thought “how do you get it on your trouser legs”
Congratulations on opening your heart to the world. How many pairs of trousers have been ruined through getting toilet blue on them? You would qualify for instant elevation to the grand order of Woosies.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Let me start by laughing :p :sick:
When you go to empty your cassette unscrew the cap where it will come out and either on the front or on the back of mine there is a orange button i think which you can depress to save you opening the blade which lets the air in from underneath and it comes out simple and splash free !! :p

Still laughing !!

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
So us ladies do have our uses, it must be a man thing because the first time (and last) my OH emptied it he had same problem, also remember to press the button to release pressure when emptying.
Can't wait for more sites to have the empty/wash machines, I know you have to pay but I would happily

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
I did laugh when reading this, not laughing at you but with you (if that makes sense).
The very first time I emptied the cassette, I dropped the cap down into the drain..gone forever!

Glad you are sorted now.

Kevin

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
:sick: :sick:
That’s the first time I’ve heard that method . :woohoo:
The acid test will be an admission that the Thetford is used for number ones and twos. :evil:
I guess the saying , brown trousers, sums you up admirably. :lol:
On that basis and in view of such an unbelievable bog up you get my vote to be nominated as a fellow Woosie. We now need suitable suggestions for a Woosie name for you. I am sure our other Woosies will endorse your elevation to our sacred bog side club :cheer: B)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Anseo said:
Grey13,

Sir AlmostPottyTrained

Grey , after reading recent posts , your definitely Woosie material !!

How about Sir Dribbbbbles !!!.......
Or Sir Brown Trousers !! :sick: :silly:

Nowhere did Grey admit to being incontinent or to suffer diarrhoea :)

Sir Must read the manual. The polite option.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
This thread was intended to help other unsuspecting individuals like me, I never expected to chuckle so much over a spill!

BTW I know there are others, just not bold enough to own up....yet!

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Grey13 said:
This thread was intended to help other unsuspecting individuals like me, I never expected to chuckle so much over a spill!

BTW I know there are others, just not bold enough to own up....yet!

Ha ha ! You keep "dropping" yourself in it !! SIR SPILL ALOTT !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The next most fun is removing a full cassette when it's somhow jumped out of engagement with the open/close lever. You need a very very long screwdriver excellent vision and a steady hand, as the slide valve is likely to open in the process and - in my case - the float arm had detached and had to be rescued.. Note to self: Carry spare Marigolds.

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
RayS said:
The next most fun is removing a full cassette when it's somhow jumped out of engagement with the open/close lever. You need a very very long screwdriver excellent vision and a steady hand, as the slide valve is likely to open in the process and - in my case - the float arm had detached and had to be rescued.. Note to self: Carry spare Marigolds.

Perhaps the inclusion of a pair of fisherman's waders should be considered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts