Thetford Toilet - Electric flush has become far too strong - splashing over edge of loo

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
We have a Thetford toilet in our 2009 Coachman and are currently away in the van.
During the past week the electric flush on the loo has become very forceful - so much so that when we flush the loo, water escapes over the edge onto the floor. I checked the nozzle where the flush water comes out and it appears to be fixed firmly, so can't have moved.
I have looked in the Thetford handbook - no help there.
I have searched in this forum and can find no similar question.
So can anyone please suggest what I might do to reduce the pressure of the flush? I'm using Thetford oink additive to the flush water in case that makes any difference - but have always used this.
Thanks

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Brissle

Does the pump sound as if its running faster? Cant see the additive being the problem. Has a restricter possibly came out of the nozzle?

Dougie...........

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dougie,
No the pump doesn't sound particularly faster than I remember - but it's certainly a very positive, strong flush operation.
I didn't know there was a restrictor in the nozzle - if there was it might well have dropped out and been flushed away.
I've just had a look and the nozzle has quite a large outlet and the end is cut at an angle sloping back from top to bottom.
thanks, brissle

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi ,

We have the c250 thetford and there is quite a good force of water comes out, but not that much that it spills over. I am not sure if there is a restricter was just an idea. If not and pump does'nt seem any faster then sorry dont have a clue.

Dougie...

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Sproket said:
Has the pipe that feeds the water been /or is it trapped & acting likes you holding your thumb over the end of a hose pipe ???
Thanks for that suggestion Sproket - have just been out and had a close look at the feed pipe and all seems to be in order - not trapped or pinched anywhere.
So I'll follow up the idea of whether there's a "nozzle" missing from the end of the outlet where it squirts the flush water around the top of the bowl.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts