Thetford toilet help!

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, i have just purchased our first caravan and before we give it a test run, I have been sorting out a couple of bits.

One issue I'm having a problem resolving though, is the toilet; it's a Thetford c200 cassette. The sliding shutter gets stuck when trying to close it and then doesn't 'grip' on the closing slot when using the slider on the toilet. I can see that there is a second smaller arm (with the hole in it) that sits on top and closes with the shutter but when it has been opened, falls off the back and prevents it closing. If I put my hand in (not too bad whilst it is still clean!) and lift it up, it closes again. Where should this arm sit and is there an easy fix? Hopefully the pictures will better explain!....... I can't see how to add pictures so hopefully the description will do!

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Splitty
They beat me to it.
Follow the You tube demo step by step. Change the moving parts shown and change the main seal lubricating it with some silicone spray.
Good luck and do wear rubber gloves washing your hands thoroughly afterwards :)

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
I massively appreciate the help but I've checked out the video and the Thetford part list and can't see this arm with the hole in it sitting on top of the blade. I'm sure I'm being really dim. Is there anyway I can send a picture of it?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
1966Splitty said:
I massively appreciate the help but I've checked out the video and the Thetford part list and can't see this arm with the hole in it sitting on top of the blade. I'm sure I'm being really dim. Is there anyway I can send a picture of it?

To post photo's on here you need to use a 3rd party hosting site, many of us on here are currrently using postimages.org click on link.
Then use the image link at the top of the message board.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Looks like 1966splirrty, could be wantingbto join The woosies. Of courseneeds to have a few mor discrepencies. And The KingsApproval.

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
OK, sorted it! I just couldn't see how it would seal like it was.

Turns out the actual top blade, that mates with the seal and sits in the hole on the top arm, was on its own in the cassette compartment. I can only assume a failed attempt at some kind of fix from the previous owner.

All good now though, thanks for the help and advice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts