Thetford toilet (manual flush)

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
A collegue of mine has a problem with the flushing mech. of his Thetford CW200 toilet. The flow from the flush has deteriorated and is now only a trickle. Has anyone else experienced the same and if so what was the outcome. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jeff, the flush is a simple bellows type pump fitted with a short length of plastic pipe which has a nozzle fitted to it which slots ito the rim of the toilet. it is relatively simple to remove the pump from inside the van It is possible that the bellows has a split in it or there is a blokage in the pick up or supply tubes or perhaps have come adrift.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jeff

I had the same problem on a 16 month old caravan. Thetford now guarantee their parts for 3 years. The pump had lost it resistance when operating it and like yours delivered very little water.

My dealer stripped the pump and there are 3 plastic fixings at the bottom(apparently), the dealer said two of mine were broken. They replaced the pump free of charge, thats parts and labour. the flush now works better than when I took delivery of the van.

Regards Jim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts