Thetford toilet not flushing

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all just popped into the caravan today too check all was ok but I found out the Thetford toilet would not flush I pulled the cassette out and unscrewed the small panel at the back too try and find the fuse but to no avail does anyone know the location of the 3Amp fuse for the toilet ?
Thanks
Ady

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi all just popped into the caravan today too check all was ok but I found out the Thetford toilet would not flush I pulled the cassette out and unscrewed the small panel at the back too try and find the fuse but to no avail does anyone know the location of the 3Amp fuse for the toilet ?
Thanks
Ady
Depends which van you have. My 2019 Lunar its in the main fuse box. My 2012 Bailey was in the cassette compartment as was my Swift.

May 11, 2021
Visit site
When this happened to ours it turned out to be the pump impeller jammed with a bit of limescale. I pulled it out, gave it a tap and a bit of a clean, put it back and it’s all ok now. I also don’t leave the flush tank empty any more.

Reactions: DaveA1
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If it has a flat membrane switch on top of the tank the pcb is susceptible to corrosion and the terminals can be affected. Just gently peel back the top membrane, and you can access the pcb and terminals. I used electrical contact cleaner and very fine emery to clean them. Do not spray with WD40 though. Some have used lacquer after cleaning but I did not, and the problem never returned in three years.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...ning+thetfird+switch+membrane+pcb&FORM=HDRSC3

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveA1 and Hutch
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
When this happened to ours it turned out to be the pump impeller jammed with a bit of limescale. I pulled it out, gave it a tap and a bit of a clean, put it back and it’s all ok now. I also don’t leave the flush tank empty any more.
Had same trouble, I ensure that the flush tank is never empty but, I don't leave any flush fluid in the tank, that can freeze.

Always replace with windscreen wash that is safe down to about -10 deg's C

Keeps propeller free and smells nice.:cautious::rolleyes:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If it has a flat membrane switch on top of the tank the pcb is susceptible to corrosion and the terminals can be affected. Just gently peel back the top membrane, and you can access the pcb and terminals. I used electrical contact cleaner and very fine emery to clean them. Do not spray with WD40 though. Some have used lacquer after cleaning but I did not, and the problem never returned in three years.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Cleaning+thetfird+switch+membrane+pcb&&view=detail&mid=4AD9CE8403A2475D56E44AD9CE8403A2475D56E4&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=Cleaning+thetfird+switch+membrane+pcb&FORM=HDRSC3
Spot on as for some reason as corrosion occurs on the PCB and that has been the the biggest culprit with our previous Lunar caravan.

Reactions: DaveA1
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Spot on as for some reason as corrosion occurs on the PCB and that has been the the biggest culprit with our previous Lunar caravan.

Thank you. After over 50 years as a professional engineer who gave up electrics in year two of my degree, it’s nice that I can still move with the times. Cheers. 😀👍

• Haha
Reactions: DaveA1 and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts