Thetford Toilet problems

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The electronic flush on my toilet packed in recently, on inspection the 3amp fuse had blown, just above where the cassette slides in. (are there any others??)

I've replaced the fuse thinking the problem would either have gone away or the fuse would blow again, but when i switched the 12v back on and the flush button, the fuse hasn't re-blown but there was no pumping noise either?

Does anyone have any ideas? for example i notice that there is a micro switch which is activated by the cassette on entry which i assume is there to stop accidental flushing whilst the cassette is out, which i guess is one possible fault?.

Your thoughts appreciated cause its the big break next weeek....

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Graham, No there's just the one fuse, there are two switches, one as you mentioned for the cassette, one under the flush assembly, the most likly cause of you problem though is the pump giving up, it's located under the toilet roll holder,remove the pump and test.If it's the pump the repair kits are available from most good caravan outlets, comes with all the instructions of how to replace, good luck!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Metz thanks you advice ref the pump. I removed and it had seized up but after some light oil I've freed it up and now work ok again.

Interestingly i notice that the pump is permanently stood in water (which may have contributed to the seizing) even though i always drain the flush tank when i come off site?

Is this normal?

By the way thank you for some good advice which is what this forum is about !! (well worth putting up with the few on here that should get out more!!!).

May 2, 2005
Visit site
graham, could you tell me if your cassett is a C2 or not for the same has happened to us this week and all other fuses are ok, and we also lost the pump for fresh water, fortunatley bought bottled to last final day.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not sure exactly but C2 sound familiar.

Cant imagine the water and flush using the same system at all? Suppose the best idea is to take both of them off and try and put 12 volts through them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts