Thinking of changing to a Bailey van. Advice/comments

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Folks

We're thinking of changing our 1997 Avondale Landranger.

After quite a bit of research I have been looking at recent Bailey Senator Series 5 as heard some good things about them. Also looking at recentPageant Monarch 2 berth and Champagne 4 berth.

We were out around local dealers today and saw 2 that took our fancy.at 2 different dealers

(1) '2005 Senator Vermont priced at £9995 - dealer offered 4200 p/ex for our L/Ranger - Price £5795

(2) 2006 Senator Arizona (4 berth) priced at £12495 - dealer offered £5495 p/ex for our L/ranger - Price £7000

Both of the above are in excellent condition, like new, and with the optional, upgraded,

Also looked at new 2007 models of above but a well-known dealer only offered £3000 part/ex for ours off the list prices of Senators or £4000 part/ex if we went for the Pageant.

We are very interested in the 2 secondhand vans but are torn between the 2

(1) Vermont has the advantage of being shorter length for towing we had hoped to downsize from our present 7.36 metre long twin-axle but is a year older and not brilliant part-ex price. Don't really need any more than 2 berths at moment as kids have all grown up and don't want to come. Of course remaining one, 19 year old says he may come sometime and with 5 grown-up kids grandchildren may soon be on the scene.

(2) Montana ihas 4 berths so more flexible if anyone wants to come and, also, more flexible table space,etc, inside. Newer too and good part/ex.

I have looked on a few websites and both the above prices seem to be similar to other dealers for similar vans

ANY COMMENTS VERY WELCOME

EG

Bailey owners' experience with either of these vans regarding quality, servicing, etc

Whether grandchildren do start to come

Is the balance of the Bailey 6 year water ingress guarantee transferrable

Am I likely to be able to get any money off/ improved part/ex by haggling - not got much experience of this.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tim

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
Tim,

We are on our second Bailey caravan, our present van we bought brand new last July.

With both vans we have had no problems to really shout about, probably no more than any other van.

With regards to the Senator series 5 they are being replaced in July with the new series 6 and most dealers are selling off new series 5 stock with some heavy discounts. So maybe some bargains to be had.

As for haggling go for it, if you dont try you wont get !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have the Oklahoma series 5 and are delighted with it

We were in Harringtons of Delamere last week and they had no Senators at all so I would move swiftly if you want a series 5

When we ordered ours it took 6 months to come

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barrons at Cheshire branch near warrington on Thursday had 4 Indiana's (2006/07 Models at a great discount price! We have had a series 6 Pageant Burgendy since January and apart from a very noisy water pump which the dealer is sorting out there have been no problems. Quite a few freinds have Baileys and sware by them.

Have a very close look they are excellent quality at a very good price.

Rob

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Bailey customer service is carp.

In all the debacle about Baileys and Fenwicks, Bailey steadfastly refuse to advise owners what can safely be used to clean a Bailey caravan.

It's possible that badly fitted ABS panels, which would be damaged by ANY cleaner, are at the root of this problem.

I've got a Bailey Pageant Magenta, it's a good caravan but Bailey wouldn't be on my short list for replacement if I needed one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have to agree with you Roger about the Fenwick's situation and Bailey's attitude.

When we change I will have a good look at other makes that are not apparently built to look good in the showrooms but need cleaning with unspecified products or stored away from the elements

It a joke on Bailey's part but not a good one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts