Thinking of Changing to LEDs. Anyone done it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings all,

The title says it all really.

I'm taking possession of a 2007 Swift shortly and as a new broom exercise, I was thinking about changing some (or all) of the 12v lights to LEDs.

I'm particularly thinking about the spots but open to suggestions re others as well.

Has anyone out there done it and, if so, can they adcise on type, size etc.

Thank you in advance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we have just replaced all the spotlights in our Bailey Pageant Loire with LCD ones.

I bought a batch of bulbs from e-bay and we are very pleased with them.

We got 'warm white' which has a yellow glow rather than 'bright white' which has a bluish glow, just our personal taste.

The bulbs we've got are not as bright as the halogen bulbs they replaced but they are bright enough to read by at night. We've only used them once so far on our holiday and we had mains hook up, so the real test will be when we are at a rally, which was a main reason for getting them.

Jog

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi we have just replaced all the spotlights in our Bailey Pageant Loire with LCD ones.

I bought a batch of bulbs from e-bay and we are very pleased with them.

We got 'warm white' which has a yellow glow rather than 'bright white' which has a bluish glow, just our personal taste.

The bulbs we've got are not as bright as the halogen bulbs they replaced but they are bright enough to read by at night. We've only used them once so far on our holiday and we had mains hook up, so the real test will be when we are at a rally, which was a main reason for getting them.

Jog
DEL

I to purchased from E Bay LEDs for my Bailey Ranger could get the spots ok and work well. But cannot find any that will do the job of the little 12v capless bulbs that are in the roof in my bailey. There is not a great deal of space in these units. Still looking

Regards Steve.

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I changed all 7 of the halogen spotlights (MR16 type)in our adria to LED specially for four days at the feast of lanterns. They worked pretty well, as the previous poster says they are fine on mains hook up but a bit less bright running on battery (but still very useable!). They have the added benefit of not burning the kids hands if they leave them on for ages! Our battery held up fine over the NFOL weekend and even had enough power to operate the motor mover at the end of our stay with no problems. I bought our LED's of ebay 10 for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts