this weekend, anybody away.?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm away this weekend -filming in Poland (work);-)Not in the caravan though, staying in a lovely hotel, which is where I am as I write this. My belly is so full of honey glazed duck, dumplings and red cabbage that I can't lie down!

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Not away this weekend no as we have to work but then having seen the weather forcast i'm glad we are not going away, two or three days of 80 plus degrees then huricane winds and torential rain to follow, something to do with a hurricane from america?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi folks,

Not going anywhere this weekend but, have just come back from 11 days of glorious sunshine, we stayed at a cc site Daleacres near Hythe Kent, The 10 days advanced weather forcast gave showers, constant Rain with just two days of cloudy sunshine, the night before we left they forcast thunderstorms few flashes in the sky nothing else, Wardrobe full of pullovers & wet weather gear

we did also have some sunny weather gear, which was used washed used again.

So go for it Royston

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Yep; on Saturday morning we shall be towing fron Kent up to Keswick in the Lake District. I'll have lots to occupy me on the journey, my Sat-Nav; my rear view CCTV camera; my new TUNIT performance box and of cousre my dear wife.

Just sticking at 90kph (56 mph) is made bearable when the car (Sorento) tows so well. Aim to be pitching around 3pm and good cuppa straight afterwards!

John

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
If your worried about the weather this weekend it looks like the Highlands have got the best of it . I'm heading for the Isle of Skye (without van)to see my mum. Avon so soft already packed!

Gavin.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Dear Moderator,

Please exclude Kanga from posting anymore obscene messages on the board. It offends me.

On the gounds of not following the forums Etiquette.

Val & Frank

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
I would like to go away this week end but Sharon dose not won't to go. Any would be good.

Mark
Easy to see who wears the trousers in this relationship! You need to let her know who's boss Mark, lol,

Gavin

(p.s, the wife would kill me if she saw this)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Royston

What did you think of the area?

Lisa
Hi Lisa,

The immediate area around Daleacres is very flat,being part of Romney Marsh, reminded us of the Fens.

The local kentish towns Hythe,Dymchurchand New Romney are within easy reach.

Tesco is junction 12 off the M20.

The Royal Military Canal is quite close , about 1 1/2 miles, but there is a car park,From there you can walk along the canal to Hythe.

There is a public footpath which runs close to the site where you can get direct access, which takes you across the fields.

Within the site the dog walk, which is roughly the size of two double tennis courts, has three bins for doggy bits, kept very clean, the whole area is grass.

Next to it is a very good play area for ball games complete with goal post and net.

There is another play area for younger children.

Toilet block is quite new very good, plenty of room in each shower, simular to Troutbeck (North Lakes).

The pitches are nearlly all grass with a few hard standings more suitable for motor homes.

Found the fellow caravanners to be a very frendly lot(No moaners), A lot of people where local within 25 miles from home.

Wish we had something like this in North Essex .

There is a local pub about 10 mins walk ,you pass it on the way to the site.

I actually saw the sun rise from the ground level and set the same something that you dom not see living in a built up area.

If you want peacefull nights sleep this is for you its so dark you can see all the stars.

Royston

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Royston

What did you think of the area?

Lisa
Thanks Royston

I'm a Romney Marsh girl and hoping to go back for a holiday sometime next year. I always get drawn back to the area.

The site does sound nice.

Did you drive through Sandgate at all? If so, have they more or less built on the beach there now?

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS