thorness bay

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Living on the Island I can say that Thorness has improved a whole lot over the last two years and is now a pretty decent site.

Like all Haven and Park Resorts it can, and does, get busy in the season, especially aroung the first week in August when Cowes Week is on.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I hope it has improved Damian . We stayed there several years back and I can honestly say it is the worst site we have ever stayed on. I requested a noon ferry but they booked it for 8am , a member of staff called the ferry company and assured me they had changed it too 1pm . When we arrived at the ferry port we were told that they had changed it for us but ......to 8pm.

Filthy site ,uneven rutted pitches,rowdy campers and dishonest staff.

It could never have got any worse

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have been to two of the Park Resort sites on the Island, Thorness and Nodes Point both are quite good now. Both have modern toilet blocks which were put in a couple of years ago. The touring areas are run fairly separate from the main Holiday Park and each have there own touring wardens who I found to be friendly and helpful.

The touring area at Thorness is quite small but has good hardstanding pitches.

Nodes point touring area is larger and has great views from many parts of the campsite.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I hope it has improved Damian . We stayed there several years back and I can honestly say it is the worst site we have ever stayed on. I requested a noon ferry but they booked it for 8am , a member of staff called the ferry company and assured me they had changed it too 1pm . When we arrived at the ferry port we were told that they had changed it for us but ......to 8pm.

Filthy site ,uneven rutted pitches,rowdy campers and dishonest staff.

It could never have got any worse
Brian, several years ago I would have agreed with you.

Only in th elast 2 years has it improved a lot, still work to do but that is in hand with the new wardens who actually take pride in site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts