Thought I'd everything under control

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Service this Friday, at home So thought I'd take the chance to remove everything and give the cupboards a good clean.

Turns out. we have Four sauce pans, a casserole dish and five measuring jugs, four plastic one glass, and two frying pans.

Will not be replacing most of them. Shall did deeper else where.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also looking into our amazing cupboards and found the patches for our breathable cover i have look elsewhere with no joy .
i also hope you find more stuff DaveA1 keep cheering your self up.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Service this Friday, at home So thought I'd take the chance to remove everything and give the cupboards a good clean.

Turns out. we have Four sauce pans, a casserole dish and five measuring jugs, four plastic one glass, and two frying pans.

Will not be replacing most of them. Shall did deeper else where.
Spare towels, bedding, unnecessary cutlery and crockery, extra pots and pans all add up, but it is persuading OH that they are not necessary is the biggest hurdle. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DaveA1
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Did a full clean this year too as the caravan hadn't been used in a full 12 months - Most stuff went back in. Only own 1 measuring jug!

Regarding servicing, I thought I was being clever booking the 3rd service for next March, six months early. Turns out they are already fully booked in March! :confused:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Wow, thats some time ahead, I suppose all the old caravans coming back on line,
Well after looking everywhere in the garage for my 25 meter co ax cable, I thought the Caravan Pixie had hidden it, searched the storage areas in the car, the caravan shed, not there, after about 4 hours found it wrapped inside the Spare water hose for Serviced pitches and the 3rd EHU cable, which I had to buy 2 years ago when I left the other two at home.
Van and car all loaded ready for off tomorrow. Rain should hit us about 20 minutes before I start to put the awning up.

Reactions: DaveA1
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well after looking everywhere in the garage for my 25 meter co ax cable, I thought the Caravan Pixie had hidden it, searched the storage areas in the car, the caravan shed, not there, after about 4 hours found it wrapped inside the Spare water hose for Serviced pitches and the 3rd EHU cable, which I had to buy 2 years ago when I left the other two at home.
Van and car all loaded ready for off tomorrow. Rain should hit us about 20 minutes before I start to put the awning up.
I didn't want to say I have two EHU cables, (after admitting we had five jugs) same as you had to buy one when I left the other at home.

My service engineer lives round the corner from me, about 150 yards away. I asked him if he wanted my post code for his sat nav-------------------------- Can't repeat what he said.:oops:

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had to buy a kit to use the aqua roll as a serviced pitch, no way I was going to be on a serviced pitch and have to fetch water, I regularly keep both kits on the van just in case the tap is to far away, we emptied our previous van few weeks ago when it sold and the list of over stocked items is as long as my arm.

BP

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
So true BP, but on Woosiefest at , Mablethorpe, The site had change the pitches to hard standings , and the water point and drains were on the wrong side of the vans, and half of the pitches the water hoses and waste hoses would not reach, We should have complained, but we made do and all pitched in to help each other.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Van and car all loaded ready for off tomorrow. Rain s

I guess the regulars book a year in advance... never thought to do that.

I do own 2x 25m EHU cables; the one which came with the caravan lives in there so I cannot forget it. The chunkier 'Accessory Shop special' purchased for my old van lives at home for driveway charging duty - Its now multiple shades of faded orange.

So true BP, but on Woosiefest at , Mablethorpe, The site had change the pitches to hard standings , and the water point and drains were on the wrong side of the vans, and half of the pitches the water hoses and waste hoses would not reach, We should have complained, but we made do and all pitched in to help each other.

It would be good if a pitch diagram for Fully Serviced pitches was available; you could then see if a longer hoses were needed. Especially where you caravan must be oriented to the peg. A pitch I had at Eye Kettleby Lakes was about 20metres from the tap to the Aquaroll. And at Concierge Camping, the waste and water had to run under the van to the point on the near-side.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts