Three Counties Caravan Show

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Any one planning on attending the Malvern Carvan show 9 - 14 October. I read in the caravan club mag that you can book your pitch and and get two tickets which will cover you for 2 days all for £10.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been there a few times - stayed there first time but the field ended up as a quagmire. More recent shows we have only spent a day there. The price you pay is the admission price - the two nights stay are free. Quite a good show but the accessory stalls tend to be expensive unless you go on the last day as they tend to sell off cheap rather than pack every thing back up to return to their shop, etc. The show is put on by dealers such as Blazers, Sunnyhaven, etc. and not by the manufacturers.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
have been 3 times and think its quite good but busy.There is a site just a few miles down the road with hookup if you need it but suspect they may not have recovered from floods.Lots of people took generators and personally I think they should be in a separate field,the people next to us ran a generator to apparently use a hairdryer.A solar panel is nice and quiet

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
This event is run by Golden Castle Caravans. I have been on several occasions its not too bad but the only vans on display are what Golden Castle sell.

Last year saw the start of a new show at the NEC that starts a few days later & displays just about every make of van.

Graham W.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
I know Graham, We were trying to get a coach trip up, but no one is doing it.

As we don't know Brum that well, the prospect of trying to find the NEC and parking is rather off putting. Anything going that way from Hereford LB?

Or do you know of any parking and the directions Graham?

Regards Diane

May 5, 2005
Visit site
sorry didnt mean it like that,what I meant was there are loads of signs and only one way in to it itsvery easy or you could go by train,it is a couple of minutes walk straight in.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Train! Me thinks you are a very clever man. Is the station in walking distance from the NEC? Will have to find out the train route as i have a feeling we have to go through London?

Thankyou David. Most helpful indeed!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Diane, the station is on the doorstep of the NEC. The only problem is you would have to change at New St.

Her Ladyship goes by train to Crufts and if she can find it anyone can.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Diane

The NEC is easy to get to and find from South Wales. When you get there there is plenty of parking and free buses run regularly from the car parks to the exhibition hall.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
thats twice today my post went before it was finished. to continue- there are blokes in hi-vis jackets to show you where to park, but back to the route.

The NEC isnt in birmingham itself but right next to the motorway junction for Birmingham Airport.

All you do is get on the M50 at your end, carry right on up and join the M5 Northbound. past Junction 6 north the Motorway splits and you stay in the Left hand lane and follow M42 airport. Just keep following the airport signs,they will say Airport NEC. Watch your speed down the M42 though, they have the speed limit lit up all the way along and whatever it is on the day, say 50mph; make sure that you stick to it or you'll get done. I've forgotten what the junction number is,somebody on here will know it or i'll find out and post it, but you can't go wrong. The traffic isnt usually that bad, and you dont have to go near any town centres or anything, its all motorway.

When you come off at the motorway junction its the second exit and you're there.

Hope this helps.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Northbound on the M5 keep left at Jn 4a and join M42 s.p. The North. Leave the M42 at Jn 6 and thats it, 2nd exit off traffic island. The parking is easy, the bus is often and free and only takes a couple of minutes to the main hall.

In the NEC you can leave your bags with sandwiches, water, pop etc at the cloakroom on the right as you go in. Inside the hall it gets really warm so you might want to leave your coats there.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
thats twice today my post went before it was finished. to continue- there are blokes in hi-vis jackets to show you where to park, but back to the route.

The NEC isnt in birmingham itself but right next to the motorway junction for Birmingham Airport.

All you do is get on the M50 at your end, carry right on up and join the M5 Northbound. past Junction 6 north the Motorway splits and you stay in the Left hand lane and follow M42 airport. Just keep following the airport signs,they will say Airport NEC. Watch your speed down the M42 though, they have the speed limit lit up all the way along and whatever it is on the day, say 50mph; make sure that you stick to it or you'll get done. I've forgotten what the junction number is,somebody on here will know it or i'll find out and post it, but you can't go wrong. The traffic isnt usually that bad, and you dont have to go near any town centres or anything, its all motorway.

When you come off at the motorway junction its the second exit and you're there.

Hope this helps.
I think ive got a severe case of 'premature exclamation' ;0

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Graham, but think we will just come up for the day. The dogs can't stay in the van all day,so they are batter left home with a doggie sitter. And i am not leaving my 17 year old daughter over night! i will have no house left!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts