Three Kings pub Hanley Castle, Worcestershire

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone been to this place recently. We visited some years back one lunchtime and the menu was somewhat limited. So deciding on a bacon roll the very elderly landlady said that she would send her daughter out for some bacon. Think the she must have gone to Worcester the time that it took. Priceless. Any way the beers would have had CAMRA drooling and were like nectar. It wasn't the cleanest place I have ever been in, in fact it could almost be described as "footing" the league table. Even the dogs expressed some concerns about being told to lay down! I even doubt if the coronavirus could exist there, or would want to. But it had great atmosphere and was a friendly place to spend some time with good company and beers. We plan to visit the area soon so may go over there if it is still going. Any feedback appreciated.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We pass that place nearly every weekend and have stopped in there a few years ago. I would not eat there as the place has a very grubby look. The clientele are very friendly and are good company. Most seem to be farm workers.
We normally go to the Robin Hood in Castlemorton and will be there on Saturday. The other place is the Anchor in Upton. Both places serve good food at reasonable prices.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We pass that place nearly every weekend and have stopped in there a few years ago. I would not eat there as the place has a very grubby look. The clientele are very friendly and are good company. Most seem to be farm workers.
We normally go to the Robin Hood in Castlemorton and will be there on Saturday. The other place is the Anchor in Upton. Both places serve good food at reasonable prices.
It’s always been noted as “ grubby” part of its charm 😁 Thanks fir the other two suggestions. Do they accept dogs as one we went to, cannot remember name but largish, in Castlemorton didn’t even allow them outside.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It’s always been noted as “ grubby” part of its charm 😁 Thanks fir the other two suggestions. Do they accept dogs as one we went to, cannot remember name but largish, in Castlemorton didn’t even allow them outside.
We take our three Yorkies to both pubs without any issues. Our friend Brian now owns/manages the Robin Hood in Castlemorton. BTW when we do camp in Malvern we use a CL called Herberts field not far from Upton. Fully serviced pitches at back. They had 10 pitches, 5 with hard sanding and 5 grass but only 5 caravans on at a time. SWe may be down there next week if our air con is fixed tomorrow.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We take our three Yorkies to both pubs without any issues. Our friend Brian now owns/manages the Robin Hood in Castlemorton. BTW when we do camp in Malvern we use a CL called Herberts field not far from Upton. Fully serviced pitches at back. They had 10 pitches, 5 with hard sanding and 5 grass but only 5 caravans on at a time. SWe may be down there next week if our air con is fixed tomorrow.

Thanks for that. May not need aircon next week looking at the weather :-(

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
We used to attend many events at Three Counties (MG owners, Triumph Sport Six etc and we used to stay in a BnB at Hanley Swan. I think you’d describe the Three Kings as ‘quaint’ or ‘characterful’ spent many happy hours there. As you say their ales are stunning and after a few you don’t really notice the cobwebs....

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Had lunch today at the Robin Hood as it was such a wet day that we changed our plans. Nice outside garden although given the downpour we went inside. Really nice food and typical Midlands portions. We even had to share the pud! Thanks for the recommendation. Only negative is that I wasn’t able to smuggle out the lovely young Springer. Might make Upton in our last couple of days remaining. 😀

Thanks

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Had lunch today at the Robin Hood as it was such a wet day that we changed our plans. Nice outside garden although given the downpour we went inside. Really nice food and typical Midlands portions. We even had to share the pud! Thanks for the recommendation. Only negative is that I wasn’t able to smuggle out the lovely young Springer. Might make Upton in our last couple of days remaining. 😀

Thanks
The previous Spring Max was a fantastic dog and greeted every one, but never jumped on people. Sadly one he just laid down and pass on and he was only a couple of years ago. The new pup is a bit of a character. We will be there on Saturday with our three Yorkies.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The previous Spring Max was a fantastic dog and greeted every one, but never jumped on people. Sadly one he just laid down and pass on and he was only a couple of years ago. The new pup is a bit of a character. We will be there on Saturday with our three Yorkies.
The new pup greeted my wife with its two front paws but she’s used to it and it’s a lovely dog.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Been to The Three Kings many times,,the back bar"main" , if you can get in is fantastic, iive music on Saturdays, we alway use the front grubby room , lots of atmosphere. Beer and wine always great, . Got sandwich platter from the church last time there, just paid into charity box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts