Tickets, WOW.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Is that a recent release of Taylor Swift tickets?
My daughter managed to get 2 pairs of tickets at different gigs for £65 a ticket, although they are seated back in the spring.
Thankfully I know several Brit Pop bands so usually get on the guest list for their gigs.
It is the promotors that set the price, the performers take a fraction of the ticket price. Often the band will get a fixed rate and the promotor takes whatever they sell over that amount, or suck up any losses. Or do a runner with tens of thousands of pounds just as you are sat waiting in Heathrow airport waiting for a flight to the USA to start a tour
Just a few days ago for next August. I will not tell her about your price. She did not want standing but there was only one seat left, and just very limited standing. She paid the face-inflated price, not an over-inflated secondary price.

I think the process seems to be, to choose the tickets and then have a fixed time, maybe 1 hour, to pay and fix the deal.

John

Reactions: Bluetonic
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
The stress in getting those tickets was horrible. My daughter is a really big Swifty fan and has been saving her poket money for years in the hope that there would be a tour one day.It took us three days of constant trying on the horrible ticket site with numerous technical issues including once getting tickets in the basket only for the card payment system to crash.
Eventually tried again in the afternoon of the pre-sale and must have wiped up some tickets that had "fallen out" of someones basket, and did the same two hours later to get tickets for her friend.
But these ticket release days are horrible.
I miss the days of going to my local record shop and looking at what was available "on the wall"
I guess that ticket prices are now so high because in the past artists had to tour to sell a new album, now they make nothing on sales so their income comes from the tours and merch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts