time to go.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi all

I just wished to inform all members that I have decided to withdraw from the forum and take no further part in it's discussions.

I have enjoyed my time with you all and taking part in a bit of banter from time to time with some old friends. and giving and recieving the odd bit of information.

but now feel the time is right to pack in and move on to other things.

I have been reminded recently that life is too short to sit back and let the time pass by as it goes so quickly.

I wish you all well and happy camping in the future.

colin

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

Well that is very sad. Is it our after shave or perfume? LOL

Well whatever you move onto all the best. Maybe you can be tempted to let us know your movements just in case one of us is at the same site as you.

Best wishes

Cheers

Dustydog

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry to learn that you no longer want to take part in the forum Colin.

Many of us have enjoyed following your recent online debate with Scotch Lad about the banking crisis and I must congratulate all participants in the debate for the manner and spirit in which it has been conducted.You have contributed a lot to this forum and if your decision remains final you will be missed.

I can well understand why anyone would want to take a 'rest' from the computer keyboard from time to time so that they can enjoy real life but never say never, you are always very welcome to take part in this forum and you are a valued member of it.

Time certainly passes by and life is short but it's good to have friends with similar interests even if the friends are 'virtual' and scattered far and wide.

I hope that you look in from time to time and perhaps when winter arrives once again later this year you might be tempted to join in to pass time in the cold days and long evenings.

Best Wishes for the future

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin - I would like to join with others in expressing our dismay in your departure - the only bright side I can see is there being one less Colin on the forum LOL. Seriously your contributions to the forum have been of considerable help to many and also some have had amusing anedotes. All the best for the future and don't forget that even if you do not sign on for some time your log in name and password will still hold good should you wish to return to the forum. Good luck to you and your family for the future.

Regards Colin

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi Colin

Why go? There's so much info here. Lots of different people with different (some strange) views. I assume you are still caravanning and as such surely you may need some support in teh future with an issue you may have.

Has someone upset you? Do you want me to get my dad? :)

Regards

Ian

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin,

Sorry to hear that you are leaving this forum also, you will be missed, you must remember when I was off line for sometime and you were one of the first to welcome me back. So hopefully perhaps you may re-join at a later date, if not you take care, and all the best.

Liz

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Well done Colin.

You're not the only one with feelings that it is time to move on.

My caravanning experience grew through trial and error due to hubby working away from home. That experience is far better than 1/2 the advice that is argued over here. No matter what is posted someone will try and pull apart years of factual practical working caravan experience.

Put a post saying one thing and somebody will have it that you said something else a few posts further on and then even others believe them.

Stick to your guns Colin, it is your choice and no one elses.

Good luck and enjoy your caravanning.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi all

I'm back did you miss me "that was an attempt at a joke by the way" .

Thank you all for your kind words of support they are most welcome.

I managed to get 15 mins on the web today at work and read my farewell post and thought god thats a bit vauge I think I really should explain my reasons.

my decession to quit all the forums that I am a member of all at once has nothing at all to do with any problems with any other member on any of the forums I post on.

the simple truth is more and more of my precious free time of which there is very little is spent looking at a computer screen.

I was reminded of late with the passing of robert, and eric, and with the death of my closest friend last sunday that there is more to life than the internet and that is was about time I put the laptop away and spend more time with the wife and my family.

that is not to say I will never get it out again and look in on you all. But for now it is going to stay in it's bag.

best whishes

colin.

G

May I offer my best wishes to your 'retirement' as well. I actually posted on our 'discussion' that I felt it was time to close it, but had not seen this Post at that time.

I share your feelings and do try to keep myself occupied outside of the Forum at least for the weekends, but I do admit that with the television providing such poor entertainemnt these days, I have been known to slope off back to the screen.

But once the better weather is on us, then there will be many things to do outside and as I do not take a laptop with me when we go travelling, will be quiet for the summer.

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Best wishes Colin

If you think reading the forums is bad, Facebook is worse. Don't go near it. Its like a disease that spreads through your life.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts