Time to replace some equipment.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Whilst getting ready for our latest trip, which had finally arrived, I realised that some of our equipment is beginning to look worse for wear and in need of replacement. Aquarolls and wastemaster being the worst culprit.

We always travel with two aquarolls, but I have just been looking at the Warerhog offering which has 25% more capacity than an aquaroll 40L. The water hog is quoted at 51l. My thinking is that with the 51l Waterhog, and 30l onboard tank, I can get away with just the one roll for the same amount of water. Question is, are Waterhogs as good and durable as Aquaroll. We have had ours for many many years.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Irrespective of the durability and build quality Thingy, I think the main issue for me would be having to lug around 51 KG of water instead of 40 whenever it was time to fill up, and even more so for the wife and kids, in addition to the extra storage space required for the larger vessel. And then of course, most people would also want a grey waste container of at least the same capacity.

In terms of size shape, and weight, I think that the aquaroll is a good compromise and as you say, is of sufficient quality to last for many years.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Storage isnt so much as an issue for travelling as one is far less than two. I am more concerned over the quality.

Part of our problem is that although we have a 7 seater, when the equipment is in we have a two seater. As our grandson is now wanting to come every trip, we need to compress a little to fit in his safety seat. Standing one roll must be an improvement. Wastemaster travels in caravan.

I do wish cadacs were easier to carry, the shape of them makes them a real pain to pack well.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
To me the advantage of the Aquaroll over other water carriers is the availability of spare parts. As far as I know, none of the others will supply you a replacement if you lose a cap or similar, which could then be expensive as you have to replace the whole thing.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
bertieboy1 said:
We have an aquaroll and wastemaster,when the aquaroll needs refilling it signals to us that the wastemaster needs emptying.

Then you switch to your pre-filled secondary 40L Aquaroll and completely forget about your now almost full 35L Wastemaster... which then overflows. Oops. Why didn't they make the Wastemaster 40 or 41 litres? We use the sink for washing up and the shower, so the Wastemaster is always bloody full. Time for fully serviced pitches!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For a number of reasons the quantity of water pumped into a caravan does not always equal liquid waste out. so simply matching container sizes will not give you equal emptying cycles.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
For a number of reasons the quantity of water pumped into a caravan does not always equal liquid waste out. so simply matching container sizes will not give you equal emptying cycles.

If you try to make it an exact science, then yes agreed, but its a fair guide that if the barrel is empty, the waste pig wont be far behind it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I find that if you leave the lower cap loose on the Wastehog , then the water evaporates and the carrier very seldoms gets full.

In Coming. !

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
I find that if you leave the lower cap loose on the Wastehog , then the water evaporates and the carrier very seldoms gets full.
In Coming. !

Works on the toilet cassette also, leave the cassette door ajar for improved evaporation.. ;)

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
Depending on your pump, you may have problems with the waterhog cap being too big for the rubber cover to get over. I briefly had a waterhog but you needed to then buy a new rubber widget for the water pump to stop rubbish getting into the water. Or in my case bodge up an additional over-cover from a yogurt pot.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Mark31415 said:
Depending on your pump, you may have problems with the waterhog cap being too big for the rubber cover to get over. I briefly had a waterhog but you needed to then buy a new rubber widget for the water pump to stop rubbish getting into the water. Or in my case bodge up an additional over-cover from a yogurt pot.

The yogurt pot mod sounds good Mark, I like practicality, :) .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Mark31415 said:

Good thinking but why should you have to. A well thought out item would have the correct cap size.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts