tips for making the fixed bed in a swift conqueror 540 please

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
Has anybody got any good ideas for making the fixed bed? It seems difficult to get the sheet tucked in all around particularly on the fixed side. This may seem a simple request but I have never had a fixed bed caravan before.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our caravan has a fixed bed and the matress has the 'cut off' bit at the bottom.

SWMBO bought a fitted sheet for that perticular model from Jonic who post on here now and again.

To get it on initially I find it easier to stand the matress on it's side on the carpet and once it's on it doesn't move until next trip unless she changes the sheet sooner. (watching what I say, this is a minefield lol)

We also have a duvet cover shaped to fit but we reckon we could use a normal shaped one also, and the knack with this is to pull the duvet high up toward the headboard (I think!) to stop the duvet looking like something from a student bedsit.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our caravan has a fixed bed and the matress has the 'cut off' bit at the bottom.

SWMBO bought a fitted sheet for that perticular model from Jonic who post on here now and again.

To get it on initially I find it easier to stand the matress on it's side on the carpet and once it's on it doesn't move until next trip unless she changes the sheet sooner. (watching what I say, this is a minefield lol)

We also have a duvet cover shaped to fit but we reckon we could use a normal shaped one also, and the knack with this is to pull the duvet high up toward the headboard (I think!) to stop the duvet looking like something from a student bedsit.
Typo

Should be particular model

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When we had the fixed corner bed we had a 2 in sponge mattress overlay inside a single bed duvet cover

Tricky to get inside but never moved in use

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We just use a double fitted sheet which is for a deep mattress. I lift up the far side of the mattress (window side) to put on the fitted sheet, whilst kneeling on the 'near side', then drop it back, stretch the sheet across and fit the other pillow end corner, then tuck the sheet well under the 'cut off' corner - and it all fits like a glove, and never moves. We have a cheap polyster duvet overlying the mattress, but under the bottom sheet, which is why we need a sheet for the deeper mattress. We then have a four seasons down and feather duvet (two which velcro together to give differing TOG ratings) in a normal double cover - and we use the appropriate one, or both together, depending on the weather. In France, occasionally, we just sleep inside the duvet cover, with no duvet inside it, if it's particularly hot. I tend to tuck the duvet under the 'cut off' corner, which helps it stay put, and makes it look neat, too. During the day we often do what the continentals so, and throw the duvet and cover outside to 'air', or if not then I make up the bed neatly, and tuck the duvet under the corner during the day and it all looks neat and shipshape.

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
We just use a double fitted sheet which is for a deep mattress. I lift up the far side of the mattress (window side) to put on the fitted sheet, whilst kneeling on the 'near side', then drop it back, stretch the sheet across and fit the other pillow end corner, then tuck the sheet well under the 'cut off' corner - and it all fits like a glove, and never moves. We have a cheap polyster duvet overlying the mattress, but under the bottom sheet, which is why we need a sheet for the deeper mattress. We then have a four seasons down and feather duvet (two which velcro together to give differing TOG ratings) in a normal double cover - and we use the appropriate one, or both together, depending on the weather. In France, occasionally, we just sleep inside the duvet cover, with no duvet inside it, if it's particularly hot. I tend to tuck the duvet under the 'cut off' corner, which helps it stay put, and makes it look neat, too. During the day we often do what the continentals so, and throw the duvet and cover outside to 'air', or if not then I make up the bed neatly, and tuck the duvet under the corner during the day and it all looks neat and shipshape.
We have a Swift Challenger 540 and the fixed bed is a pain to make. BUT you only need to make it once if you go away for a week or a weekend. We have a fixed sheet for the mattress then a duvet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts