To flash or not to flash !!

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

Lyn and I have just taken delivery of our first brand new caravan, a 2009 Bailey Pageant Monarch. Really pleased with it, seems to be just what we want, off on Monday for our first trip.Just one thing puzzles us,should we do, as Bailey thinks we should,and flash our bits out of the clear window, which is right behind the toilet, after each use,or should we draw the blind in the daytime and put the light on ?,or not put the light on, and go in the gloom, or should we, as we have, buy some obscuring film and cover the window.

I realise some of you will think we are making a fuss over nothing, but this is the 6th caravan we have owned, and only the two newest ones has this been an issue, WHY?? I thought as things progressed,we went forward, and this doesn't seem like going forward.

Happy caravanning to all our readers !!

Greg n Lyn

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Our new Adria is the same. I think the good thing is that you have a window in that area as it probably does the caravan good to be able to open the window and let air flow! I am not now suggesting to add to your dilema and perplexing you further that you chance doing this when you are in action in the loo! I mean when its safe to do so on a nice warm day!

I find it takes 2 seconds to pull down a blind.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
I would be very carefull of using any form of stick on film without checking with the van or window makers as it could craze or damage the window acrylic

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
To Tony,

Thanks for your concern, but the film that we have used is only fixed with water and doesn't appear to have any adhesive, we bought it from Homebase, a roll for about

TRENDING THREADS