toilet blue alternatives

Dec 2, 2005
Visit site
can anyone recommend an alternative to the blue that you put in your toilet. as my van is sited and is getting a lot of use i am going through a 7 pound container a week and its beginning to cost. can i put a cheaper alternative in there, ie blue loo blocks etc, any ideas please.

Dec 2, 2005
Visit site
you misunderstand, the key word is ALTERNATIVES, does anyone use an alternative to blue, i asked the same question last week and every answer i got was other manufacturers of blue, i am using the cheapest blue now, i am looking for alternatives to blue, ie bleach, blue loo blocks, etc etc

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
you misunderstand, the key word is ALTERNATIVES, does anyone use an alternative to blue, i asked the same question last week and every answer i got was other manufacturers of blue, i am using the cheapest blue now, i am looking for alternatives to blue, ie bleach, blue loo blocks, etc etc
Barney, as an alternative to Blue you could try Elsan Green, but this will probably cost the same.I am not sure how effective Fenwicks Top and Tail is, but I believe this would be a cheaper alternative. I don't think bleach is a good idea, as it will not lubricate the rubber seal on the flush and in time will make the seal dry and cause it to crack and this will lead to leakage,

best regards, Martin

Apr 17, 2007
Visit site
For a long time (since spilling some of the blue on the floor and seeing how it stained and also being a bit of a greeny) We just use a little of the flushing liquid in the flush tank and put nothing else in the main tank. we then just empty it every couple of days. it doesn't smell or we wouldn't do it. I sometimes think that some products are 'invented' for the benefit of the manufacturer rather than the consumer and marketing convinces us we need stuff that in reality we don't. At home we have a septic tank. It just gets number ones and twos and water. It doesn't smell at all, it has no impact on the environment whatsoever as no chemical/toxins are added to it.and it's free. Try without next time. it's the way to go.

Paul

Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
hi barney i use the blocks you put in the cistern at home put them in fabric conditioner bottle leave for a day or two then just top up toilet as and when works out at 75 pence a bottle it does not harm cistern at home so why would it harm caravan toilet

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi barney,

We use a chemical from Ken Direct it comes in crystal form and has no smell and does not stain anything. We find that it works well and have been using this product for two years now, you simply put half the package in the system and the other half in the waste cassette. we picked it up each year at the Caravan show at the NEC, but I think you can get it online from

http://www.kemdirect.nl/english_ta.htm
At the NEC we pay

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bill

Glad you like the Kemdirect but would like to say DO NOT use the toilet additive in your water system it is only to be used in the top and bottom of the toilet.

The Kemdirect descaler/cleaner is the product that you use in the water systems to clean them out.

I hope you read this as I would not like you to use the toilet additive anywhere but the toilet system.

By the way you should have only paid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts