Toilet Cassette Slot Design

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Those bottles are often supplied with new caravans, you get a bottle of blue and a bottle of pink, one dose in each and they do fit snugly in the recess.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Amazing! In all my years of using these type of toilets never had this problem.

I wonder if the toilet is being used correctly?
Before use fully open the flap . NOT closed.
Assuming coloured fluid for the rinse is being used , pink, I’d expect to see that in 5he previous pics. No such trace that I can see?
I suspect either the exterior door seal has failed or the internal system is leaking into the void.

Reactions: Paullus1959
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Really?

Thank you otherclive, I thought I'd dreamt it for a moment.
They were tiny bottles only holding 100ml of rinse and 120mm of concentrate fluid purely for emergency use as I remember. The storage compartment was put there specifically to store these bottles under the cassette. The Thetford Mini Concentrate Duo Pack is still available.
The SOG ventilation kits vent through the cassette hatch door, not the bottom of the compartment.
You can get SOG kits to extract via the floor or even roof too.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Amazing! In all my years of using these type of toilets never had this problem.

I wonder if the toilet is being used correctly?
Before use fully open the flap . NOT closed.
Assuming coloured fluid for the rinse is being used , pink, I’d expect to see that in 5he previous pics. No such trace that I can see?
I suspect either the exterior door seal has failed or the internal system is leaking into the void.
Perhaps that’s why I only felt the need to give my compartment a wash out with a J cloth a couple of times a year. I never had contamination from the cassettes.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Perhaps that’s why I only felt the need to give my compartment a wash out with a J cloth a couple of times a year. I never had contamination from the cassettes.
And I expect that was to remove the grass and mud from the wheels of the waste container

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Really?

Thank you otherclive, I thought I'd dreamt it for a moment.
They were tiny bottles only holding 100ml of rinse and 120mm of concentrate fluid purely for emergency use as I remember. The storage compartment was put there specifically to store these bottles under the cassette. The Thetford Mini Concentrate Duo Pack is still available.
The SOG ventilation kits vent through the cassette hatch door, not the bottom of the compartment.
Yes this area is only for the cassette, the flap which I popped up which is only plastic below is only 2-3cm deep, and looks like there should be a cut out area if required at factory stage.

Our chemical bottles when we purchased the van were sitting under the sink in the toilet cupboard

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Yes this area is only for the cassette, the flap which I popped up which is only plastic below is only 2-3cm deep, and looks like there should be a cut out area if required at factory stage.

Our chemical bottles when we purchased the van were sitting under the sink in the toilet cupboard
Yep, the photographs you have posted of the compartment with and without the lid fitted is standard and it's where the mini bottles were placed when I bought my caravan. The bottles were tiny and totally impractical so, went into the bin when empty.

Just a word of warning about keeping your toilet chemicals under the sink if you still are. I used to do that until we had a spillage. The blue cassette fluid stains everything and is nigh on impossible to remove. It happened in France with a full bottle when the temperature hit 44°C. The fluid leaked past the lid and stained the floor inside the cupboard. Fortunately, it didn't get on the carpet otherwise it would have been ruined.
I keep the toilet fluids in the front compartment in a bucket when travelling. When I'm on site I put the bottles and watering-can under the back of the caravan so I can add the fluids to the cassette and flush safely outside.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Yep, the photographs you have posted of the compartment with and without the lid fitted is standard and it's where the mini bottles were placed when I bought my caravan. The bottles were tiny and totally impractical so, went into the bin when empty.

Just a word of warning about keeping your toilet chemicals under the sink if you still are. I used to do that until we had a spillage. The blue cassette fluid stains everything and is nigh on impossible to remove. It happened in France with a full bottle when the temperature hit 44°C. The fluid leaked past the lid and stained the floor inside the cupboard. Fortunately, it didn't get on the carpet otherwise it would have been ruined.
I keep the toilet fluids in the front compartment in a bucket when travelling. When I'm on site I put the bottles and watering-can under the back of the caravan so I can add the fluids to the cassette and flush safely outside.
No we keep them in a bucket now in the front locker

TRENDING THREADS