Toilet facilities?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes crossing the border for other than stipulated reasons isn’t allowed.
Our son lives in South Wales and on Saturday took advantage of the relaxation by going for a days walk over Margam Mountain a relatively short tramp from their house.

View attachment 1333
Lovely views walking distance memory now have the use of a mobility scooter to enjoy the outdoors

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I may occasionally use the site facilities, but the rest of the family don't. So on site toilet facilities would have no bearing on my plans.

Generally speaking, I've found on site facilities to be either excellent or grim. Trouble is, even the excellent ones are sometime frequented by animals with the toilet etiquette of a Chimp.

Reactions: Beehpee
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If a site has all their toilet facilities closed including the facilities for the disabled, would that be discrimination by the government against any one that is disabled and cannot use the facilities in their caravan?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If a site has all their toilet facilities closed including the facilities for the disabled, would that be discrimination by the government against any one that is disabled and cannot use the facilities in their caravan?

No; as the coronavirus legislation takes precedence.

Reactions: RogerL
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The Facilities in my caravan does not suit my needs
1/ The Toilet is to low what do you suggest i should do about it
2/ Need a seat in the shower room

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If a site is open, but the on site toilet and shower facilities including those for disabled campers are closed due to Coronavirus and the toilet and shower in your caravan are not suitable for your needs, there's not much point in visiting that site until it's fully open with no restrictions.
As long as the site have informed those booking a visit that the amenities are not fully open before they book their obligations are fulfilled.
We have one break booked before Coronavirus restrictions are fully lifted.
On the online booking form we have to agree to use our onboard facilities as a condition of making the booking.
If your caravan toilet and shower facilities are unsuitable there are raised toilet seats and shower stools available online.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In post #25 you mentioned that you used the end bathroom in the caravan due to the site facilities being closed and were able to manage?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If a site is open, but the on site toilet and shower facilities including those for disabled campers are closed due to Coronavirus and the toilet and shower in your caravan are not suitable for your needs, there's not much point in visiting that site until it's fully open with no restrictions.
As long as the site have informed those booking a visit that the amenities are not fully open before they book their obligations are fulfilled.
On the online booking form we have to agree to use our onboard facilities as a condition of making the booking.
If your caravan toilet and shower facilities are unsuitable there are raised toilet seats and shower stools available online.
Our site in Yorkshire will not have site facilities open until 17 May so we will be using the vans facilities until then, despite preferring site showers. . But it’s not a big issue for us given the option to get away to a nice area. The local pub opens for indoor hospitality on 17 May so I’ve asked them for an evening booking confident in the knowledge that we will both be “ fragrant” once again. But if the sites showers have not opened fir any reason we will just blame the dogs. 😂

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Parksy The first booking i am going to they have a separate disabled unit and I have prebooked it for my week stay only me can use it . so my wife got the end washroom to herself .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Parksy The first booking i am going to they have a separate disabled unit and I have prebooked it for my week stay only me can use it . so my wife got the end washroom to herself .
If the site that you're going to has made special arrangements for you to use their disabled toilet and shower, why are you asking forum members what they suggest you do about your caravan facilities being unsuitable for your needs?

Reactions: Buckman
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If the site that you're going to has made special arrangements for you to use their disabled toilet and shower, why are you asking forum members what they suggest you do about your caravan facilities being unsuitable for your needs?
All shared facilities are closed until further notice (potentially to 17th May or beyond) depending on the guidelines laid out by the government ,and I will use the end washroom if that the case

Last edited by a moderator:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Parksy The first booking i am going to they have a separate disabled unit and I have prebooked it for my week stay ☆ only me can use it . so my wife got the end washroom to herself .
☆All shared facilities are closed until further notice (potentially to 17th May or beyond) depending on the guidelines laid out by the government ,and I will use the end washroom if that the case
But earlier you wrote that you had pre booked the disabled washroom for your weeks stay and that only you can use it. Is this pre booking before May 17th?
If so, you're sorted.
If you can't use your caravan toilet, and the on site disabled facility is closed then it's probably a good idea to stay at home until there is a toilet and shower open that you are able to use.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
But earlier you wrote that you had pre booked the disabled washroom for your weeks stay and that only you can use it. Is this pre booking before May 17th?
If so, you're sorted.
If you can't use your caravan toilet, and the on site disabled facility is closed then it's probably a good idea to stay at home until there is a toilet and shower open that you are able to use.
Remember we go away on the 23th April - 30th April (day after my Birthday i will be 65) providing the caravan is ready

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Never can understand the parade of people in dressing gowns and the like struggling through pouring rain and wind to get to the toilet block when they have all they need on board. Families of four or more though may find their facilities a bit overloaded in the morning so I exclude them.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Then you have those that booked a fully serviced pitch, but still fil the aquaroll at the tap and use the wastemaster???????

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Then you have those that booked a fully serviced pitch, but still fil the aquaroll at the tap and use the wastemaster???????
Perhaps that was the only pitch type available, or they may be weight limited and don’t want to carry the kit, or perhaps they just like the convenience of being able to fill the aquaroll and ditch grey water nearer the caravan. Not something I would even give thought to.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts