toilet full light

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
hi folks,

just been away for a week and discovered the red toilet full light isnt working any ideas? its on a bailey senator wyoming electric flush loo.

cheers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look in the back of the loo locker

If its the latest cassette there is a sensor at the rear on a plastic support that may be misplaced or have a wire out of place etc

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Following on from John's advice you will find on most new vans a small reed switch on the left hand side of the locker. A small magnet attached to the float inside the cassette operates this.

To test this switch pass a small magnet (fridge magnet) close to the switch while your assistant watches for the red light inside the van.

If the light comes on you have a fault with the float, if it doesn't come on then the fault will be either the switch or the light itself.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was doing that with a magnetic pick up tool last week as I was trying to reposition the electronic bit(tech term) higher so that the warning light came on later

On the new Thetford C250 it is supposed to come on with 2 litres to go from emptying but it infact comes on with 7 litres to go and so it appears that the loo needs emptying more often than the previous model

I stuck the receiver (electronic bit) at different heights and it seemed to improve matters

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
We have a functioning light and it has come on once in 3 years, simply do not wait for it to come on - toilet can be heavy enough as it is.

It is simple enough to see when it is getting near full, and with 3 females on board letting it get full does not bear thinking about.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On the newer Thetford turning toilet instructions it says that when the light comes on there is room for 2 more litres or three more goes but the sensor is set wrong and in fact it will hold 7 more litres or almost half the capacity of 18 litres

It holds one more litre than the older model but needs emptying more often if you go by the warning light!!

Jun 30, 2005
Visit site
Our light has only ever come on once. It could be you have dislodged the sensor in the tank when shaking it empty etc.

We never wait for the light but empty either when it gets a bit whiffy or looks a little full and at least once every couple of days. They are heavy and if you have a long way to walk then its better to take it lighter rather than heavier.

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
We've got a Senator Wyoming series 5, and our light came on for the first time (and only time it seems) since new when we were away last week!! (We've had it nearly 3 years).

I must agree with the majority though, i wouldn't use the light anyway, you know when it's full without it. Although my husband never seems to notice, i always have that wonderful job of emptying it!!

Lara.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts