Toilet roll test

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Which have recently done a toilet roll test. Reading about how they tested the paper and using my imagination it had me in stitches. They then go on to mention how they rate the toilet rolls.

First they rated they for comfort. I wonder how they managed that? Next was strength and again it must have been finger licking good. Lastly was absorbency so guess they used dips from the local supermarket. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

However Asda own brand came on top followed by Andres classic and then Waitrose own brand.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Years ago , in an early Which? Report they discussed the “Poke through strength of each sheet”. A lot of sites use paper that imo isn‘t worth a swipe🤪.Too thin and noticeably smaller in size than your standard Andrex..

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Any must be better than the old Izal; razor sharp and slippy. 😂

Or the Littlewoods or like catalogue I can recall a very rural living Aunt used in their chemical loo way down the back garden. How life's progressed here in the UK since the WW2 & immediate post war times.
But then there was something to read during the visits, though in the weather like presently that was the last thing to indulge in, down there in the garden!

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Years ago , in an early Which? Report they discussed the “Poke through strength of each sheet”. A lot of sites use paper that imo isn‘t worth a swipe🤪.Too thin and noticeably smaller in size than your standard Andrex..
In a caravanning contest, less strength is better so that the quicker it disintegrates once in the cassette the less chance of clogging up the mechanisms inside the cassette.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Who would ever have thought a caravan forum would have a discussion about bog paper? Ah the diversity if life, and long may that continue.
Be a REAL man, use nettles :rolleyes:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
In a caravanning contest, less strength is better so that the quicker it disintegrates once in the cassette the less chance of clogging up the mechanisms inside the cassette.
That’s something similar to what Thetford say about their own paper. Exorbitant cost. Years of practice has told me Elsan double blue and their Green fluid does dissolve Andrex and the like after a couple of hours.
Thetfords own fluids do not dissolve the paper.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
A long time ago I was working at a government establishment. I visited the stores and a cleaner was there picking up soft toilet paper. I asked who that was for because we only had the izal type. She told me it was only for the ladies and the management. But not to worry as it was rubbish and a matchstick was needed to clean the nails afterwards.

I remember visiting the loo in the tax office in the Liver building. The Izal paper had ‘Government Property’ on every sheet.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I bet that you saw the named brass hooks which were used to hang senior staffs towels, which were dutifully changed each Monday morning.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
When in the services I am sure that they bought rolls of sandpaper at discounted prices to help toughen you up instead of toilet paper! :ROFLMAO:

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I was on
I bet that you saw the named brass hooks which were used to hang senior staffs towels, which were dutifully changed each Monday morning.
l was just using the public loos! I imagine that the sheets were stamped in an attempt to avoid theft. I think that being Izal would have been sufficient.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
“A bear taking an poo asked a rabbit, "Does poo stick to your fur as a habit?" "Of course not," said the hare, "It's really quite rare," so the bear wiped his ***with the rabbit. “

Perhaps we should use rabbit fur in future. 👍

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have use Asda brand and toilet sheets were very soft to use ,but my wife prefers Nicky Elite 3 Ply Quilted toilet rolls - 32 pack at Home bargains

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts