Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
please can anyone help going to switzerland in end of june towing caravan

can tell me the cost of the tolls if i go dunkirk reimes & metz on french motorways

cheers jeff

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Jeff

Im going to Pisa via switzerland at the end of july,No toll fee Im am going from calais-dunkirk-lille-charleroi(belgium)-luxembourg(cheap fuel)-Metz-Nancy-Mulhouse.The majority of it is motorway except for about 100km from Epinal(just south of Nancy) to Mulhouse.I use Via michelin(www.viamichelin.com) route finder it lets you adjust your route ie prefer motorways no tolls,it can then be saved as a file and put on your GPS(Tom Tom ,Garmin ,Navman)

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Driving from Dunkirk via Metz to Switzerland I would tend to use Belgian motorways as much as possible, going via Lille, Mons, Charleroi, Luxembourg. That's a quicker route and you'd only have to pay a toll on the last short section once you're back in France again, between Metz and Strasbourg. If ViaMichelin is correct, that would cost 11.30 Euros, one way.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Jeff forgot to mention

The actual toll fee is _64 to the border with Switzerland using your route. Your route is further at 732km while its 707km with out tolls however the without toll route is an extra thirty mins due to not using the motorway south of nancy. I am going to use the no toll route as I can get cheaper fuel in luxembourg than anywhere else in europe.

Ian

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
You can use viamichelin.com, or mappy.fr to calculate tolls on all routes through Europe - and then select a non-toll option, and compare driving times, and fuel useage. Don't forget, if you're towing a caravan or trailer over a certain height, that toll costs are more expensive anyway, as you're classed a Class 2 vehicle.

May 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jeff

Don't forget to factor in the cost of the Swiss vignettes for both car and caravan, if you're going to be towing on their autobahns. Costs

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
www.autoroutes.fr will calculate a route for you - in France anyway - and will factor in towing a caravan and whether or not you wish to use the autoroute (which seems a bit daft given that it is an autoroute web site!) It will also tell you the cost.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts