Took the Plunge - seasonal it is

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well folks finally made up our minds, after dithering weather to sell up, buy a motor home , camper van or the seasonal.

We have gone for the seasonal and move the Mr Fleety up there tomorrow, we have booked in to C & CC at Tavistock
on Dartmoor until the 1st of November.
As I am still working this will suit our needs at the present where as we can actually use the van more often and pick and
choose the days we go.
Yes we will definitely miss the touring part but a compromise had to be made as I no longer wanted to drag Mr Fleety around for two or three nights at a time, longer periods were difficult as running your own business dictates what you can do.

Stay safe every one,

PS HUTCH ...Mr Fleety had another wash tonight!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well folks finally made up our minds, after dithering weather to sell up, buy a motor home , camper van or the seasonal.

We have gone for the seasonal and move the Mr Fleety up there tomorrow, we have booked in to C & CC at Tavistock
As I am still working this will suit our needs at the present where as we can actually use the van more often and pick and
choose the days we go.
Yes we will definitely miss the touring part but a compromise had to be made as I no longer wanted to drag Mr Fleety around for two or three nights at a time, longer periods were difficult as running your own business dictates what you can do.

Stay safe every one,

That’s a nice site with super washrooms if needed. We used to live not far from there in Horrabridge three doors up from the Leaping Salmon, now shut down.
Hope you enjoy the chance to get away again.

Reactions: Gagakev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

choose the days we go.

Stay safe every one,

Hi Kev Good Luck been seasonal sounds like you on a nice site :)
Taking pride Mr Fleety

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......that will help with taking it easier :)

Hope you have lots of chilled and relaxing weekends.
We're at Waterrow in early October using our deposit carried over from the cancelled 2020 Woosiefest.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you are working and the time is limited for a getaway then your idea makes sense. As I understand it you could still take Mr Fleety away for a longer holiday if you want to.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Well done Kev. Right decision. We have never regretted going seasonal. We are here now. Just turning up to a van with the legs down and the awning up is brilliant. Enjoy.
Mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
That’s a nice site with super washrooms if needed. We used to live not far from there in Horrabridge three doors up from the Leaping Salmon, now shut down.
Hope you enjoy the chance to get away again.
Hi OC, we drove through Horrabridge to get to the site but didnt turn off to the pub, but will pop in sometime and take a look, been there once before and very pretty, was your house 3 doors to the right of the pub or 3 doors to the left, will sneak a picture of it for you. 👍

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
.......that will help with taking it easier :)

Hope you have lots of chilled and relaxing weekends.
We're at Waterrow in early October using our deposit carried over from the cancelled 2020 Woosiefest.
We still have our deposit to use up as well, dont know how long they will honour it for. but sure we can catch up.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well done Kev, at least some of us can book site, with confidence that we will be dry.
Enjoy Tavistock.
You must have had a dry weekend Hutch (rain that is, not alcohol)
As per usual we set up in the clouds (Not awning yet, got the full size Dorema to go up next weekend) and YEP here it comes RAIN, This morning RAIN, some one really doesnt like me!!
Next weekend is not looking good either to put the awning up!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
If you are working and the time is limited for a getaway then your idea makes sense. As I understand it you could still take Mr Fleety away for a longer holiday if you want to.
Correct Ray, can pull it off at any time, but would have to be for at least a week to make it worth while.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well done Kev. Right decision. We have never regretted going seasonal. We are here now. Just turning up to a van with the legs down and the awning up is brilliant. Enjoy.
Mel
Thanks Mel, it was even a nice feeling just unplugging, turning gas off and disconnecting the water (hose runs on grass and they need to cut it) and walk away.
Problem is Im missing him already!! I'm looking out lounge window and he is not there!!!;)

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi OC, we drove through Horrabridge to get to the site but didnt turn off to the pub, but will pop in sometime and take a look, been there once before and very pretty, was your house 3 doors to the right of the pub or 3 doors to the left, will sneak a picture of it for you. 👍
Kev

Our house was the end of terrace double cottage to the left as you look at the pub. Our garden had direct access through to the Leaping Salmon back entrance. At the top we had paddock/orchard and direct access to the moor. Last time we stayed at CCC Tavistock we went walk about in the village and the pub had closed. We enjoyed our time down there in the mid 80s but that ended when I was transferred at very short notice to Canada fir 12 months, and my family we’re not allowed to accompany me. On return it was sell up and move to Bath, but we still enjoy visiting the area. Tavistock is a lovely town. I’m sure that you will really enjoy the area and all it has to offer. Good luck.

A9D59782-480E-4EAC-9956-3C3687AE724F.jpegA930DA42-5CF6-453D-85E9-D699D29495C4.jpeg

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Go for it Kev, I have wondered about it, just load up the car and get to the van. Might see you there one day.
You could join us in the awning when it goes up, mind you would have to incorporate a wine cellar somewhere.IMG_20160430_144309825.jpg

This was back April 2016 when the sun shone!!

IMG_20160430_144235200_HDR.jpg

Each pole has a internal tie down, reackon we will need it on Dartmoor.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Kev

Our house was the end of terrace double cottage to the left as you look at the pub. Our garden had direct access through to the Leaping Salmon back entrance. At the top we had paddock/orchard and direct access to the moor. Last time we stayed at CCC Tavistock we went walk about in the village and the pub had closed. We enjoyed our time down there in the mid 80s but that ended when I was transferred at very short notice to Canada fir 12 months, and my family we’re not allowed to accompany me. On return it was sell up and move to Bath, but we still enjoy visiting the area. Tavistock is a lovely town. I’m sure that you will really enjoy the area and all it has to offer. Good luck.

View attachment 1806View attachment 1807
The cottage looks quaint and picturesque :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Excellent decision Kev. No more hitching and pitching. Full availability whenever , even a one nighter😉 I am sure regular trips to your 2nd residence will ease the pressures of work for you and Mags. Enjoy👏👏👏

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts