Top Tips

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
It's always interesting to hear people's tips for an easier life when caravanning. Here's mine......
Take a cheap bath mat with you to use in the shower block. This makes it much easier to get your trousers back on without getting the bottoms wet and keep feet dry before you get your shoes/flip-flops/Crocs on. Makes the walk back from the shower much more comfortable.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Always use our own shower in the van, some of the cl sites we use don't have showers, but wear wellies in long grass, Sorry I hate Crocks,

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Sorry I hate Crocks,
And me, I wouldn't be seen dead in a pair myself ( had some when they first came out and thought that they were the most uncomfortable shoes ever)and I really don't understand blokes in onsies either.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
sooty1410 said:
A bit nippy outside of the summer for those of us who caravan all year round
We camp all year round but it's only a short lived discomfort and I have found shorts and flipflops have done me well up until now. I can however see the potential benefits to your top tip and have no doubt that the long haired admiral may well have me cutting bits of carpet up if she were to read this thread :whistle:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I love my onsie a neutal gray with a hood, great for slobbing it with a wine then jacket on last thing with the dogs, back finish off the wine and Zzzzzz.Normally only winter month though. Lets hope for a good summer.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
But getting back to the topic...
I cook and freeze as many and varied meals as poss, bag them into 4 person portions and take them with me. We just bought a mini freezer for the awning and tried it out last week - it was brilliant. I just bought all the accompanying items I needed, like veg/spuds/pasta/rice etc in the local shop to save carrying the weight, and that was it - oh for an easy life!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craig if you would get your act together, and get to the Woosie fest, you could give me gip. Your son would love taking all the dogs for a walk and learning how to empty the Thrones

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
SWMBO has a top tip.
for those stubborn marks on the outside of the van use a little bit of tooth paste on a cloth and rub gently, then wash off with water and polish with a clean cloth. plus the van smells minty fresh :), we managed to remove a scuff mark on our old cars headlamp and it brought it up crystal clear.

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
I love my onsie a neutal gray with a hood, great for slobbing it with a wine then jacket on last thing with the dogs, back finish off the wine and Zzzzzz.Normally only winter month though. Lets hope for a good summer.
1+ but mines in camouflage as said late night early morning with the dogs.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
crazyguider said:
But getting back to the topic...
I cook and freeze as many and varied meals as poss, bag them into 4 person portions and take them with me. We just bought a mini freezer for the awning and tried it out last week - it was brilliant. I just bought all the accompanying items I needed, like veg/spuds/pasta/rice etc in the local shop to save carrying the weight, and that was it - oh for an easy life!!

I have been suggesting to the Boss that it might be a good idea to take at least some precooked meals with us when we go but thus far she has refused the idea saying that it's camping(???). Apparently when you go camping in any form you have to either barbecue or go out for food (again ???). I expect that I will win her over after the summer season when we escape for a week in October for the kids half term.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We pack clothes in the large Tesco Green bags or similar from other stores. Being flexible they are easier to pack into the boot when going out to the storage site and once in the caravan they can be unpacked and take up very little room unlike the plastic crates we used to use. We also use them for food and other things that are bulky.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
3Amp said:
SWMBO has a top tip.
for those stubborn marks on the outside of the van use a little bit of tooth paste on a cloth and rub gently, then wash off with water and polish with a clean cloth. plus the van smells minty fresh .

Toothpaste ? I just use the black streak remover from aldi ! :whistle: :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When I try to quote someones msg and then add my own, my msg end up in the dark are, what am I doing wrong. ? Help please.

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
3Amp said:
SWMBO has a top tip.
for those stubborn marks on the outside of the van use a little bit of tooth paste on a cloth and rub gently, then wash off with water and polish with a clean cloth. plus the van smells minty fresh .

Toothpaste ? I just use the black streak remover from aldi ! :whistle: :p

:) i only have one tooth so i have plenty of tooth paste left to use. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts