topper for bed

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
I'm looking for suggestions for a cheap solution to making our bed more comfortable. We use the small double at the back, which we set up and leave made up all the time when travelling. The trouble is, the cushions are not very comfortable. We are trying to find a cheap solution. Initially, we thought of getting a piece of foam (market stalls used to do this) and were absolutely horrified to be quoted £78 for the size we want. Equally, the cheaper mattresses all seem to have gone up in price.

We tried the thin stuff which camping shops sell and which comes in a roll, but that isn't thick enough.

We are occasional users of our caravan, so don't want to spend and arm and a leg.

Have any of you solved this one and what would you suggest? The bed is the size of a small double - i.e. almost 4 ft wide.

Jo

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
We had a similar problem in France and managed to buy from Decathlon self inflatable mattress. Just pull the plug out and it inflates - under 1" depth but we found it made a fantastic difference.

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
Not the cheapest on the market but i opted for the Raskelf gold topper. I havent regreted it and the caravan bed is more comfortable than the matress at home, a small price to pay for a good nights sleep.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all the useful suggestions. In the end, we have taken a chance and bought a 1in thick, double-bed sized, piece of memory form from ebay for about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts