touring caravan insurance

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Make sure whoever you go with covers all you need. We were wioth one insurer for years before having 6 months without a van. When we tried to insure our new van with them we found that they did not cover 'unsecure' sites(eg. no fences, gates, security barriers). As our van is on a seasonal pitch on a forest site, they were unable to cover us on that site. We found that the Caravan Club were the best.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Helen

A good starting point would be the Camping & Caravanning Clubs Clubcare insurance or the Caravan Club insurance. Both of these insurers are reputable and normally honour their policy in the event of a claim without any hassle.

They are both considered to be more expensive than some competitors but cheap insurance is not always the best because of the terms and conditions that many impose.

Have an online quote from both of the clubs first, membership isn't necessary, and compare with other insurers using the cheaper club quote as a benchmark.

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Regardless of price (to an extent) I have always gone with the caravan club,as a friend has been with them for donkeys years, and never had a problem, where as a friend of his went cheap, caught the van on a gate post, and the insurance faild to pay, due to a clause, it was an expensive

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Helen

Cheapest is not the best. Do as Parksy suggests. Talk to the , two Clubs. Yes, others will be cheaper, but when you claim God help you if you haven't rigidly stuck to the small print.

Don't believe me? Well I have a few cases on the go now where our forum members have been "cheated" by these so called "cheap" Insurers. I am not allowed to name them yet , but from July of next year I can tell you, legally , who have had the most complaints. Scary.

Cheers

Dustydog

May 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I would like to reiterate what Pamela has said, we were in the same position as her, by putting our van on a Forest Holliday site at Setthorns for the season our existing insurers would not cover the van while we were not there as there are no fences or barriers. This was obviously no good to us and I searched through quite a few companies and found that the Caravan Club insurance did what we wanted at the best price. Havn't had to make a claim yet so I dont know what they are like when things go wrong.

Pamela, if you are at setthorns come and have a glass of wine pitch 81

Alan

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to Parksy , and everyone who replied to my quiery regarding caravan insurance.Good advice from everyone.I will contact C.C & C.C.Clubs .

Thanks once again to all who replied.

Regards Helen

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We have had two claims with the CC Club Red Pennant Insurance and they are wonderful. From first ringing a claim to receiving OK took a 4 to 5 days including the assessors visit to the caravan at home. Can thoroughly recommend it.

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Thanks to Parksy , and everyone who replied to my quiery regarding caravan insurance.Good advice from everyone.I will contact C.C & C.C.Clubs .

Thanks once again to all who replied.

Regards Helen
I think you must bear in mind - is your 'van' worth insuring and will it cover 'old codgers'

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi Alan, No we are not at your site - ours is in Thetford Forest. I won't name it in case I want to le toff steam on day but it in Forestry commission land with about a mile of unmade road to get to the main raods. Utter peace!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts